1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leica Optics

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by coyote_198, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coyote_198

coyote_198 TS Member

BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT had the same problem with a #2250.00 Spotting Scope. LEICA SUCKS.

2. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Jeez, you'd think they would have been embarrased that $2K binos fogged up.

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

I too have had a couple real go arounds with Leica over two different pairs of duovid binos. They are less than desirable when warranty issues arise. Stick with Swarovski and the problems are gone. Leica is not a major player in hunting optics any longer and we could tell them why but it is a worthless cause.

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I've had good luck with Steiner binos..anybody else had good service with those???

5. poorshooter

poorshooter TS Member

Have had nothing but good luck with Stiener glasses. Dropped a pair getting out of a deer stand once. Mailed them to Stiener, recieved a letter a week or so later stating that they were replacing my glasses with a new pair because the couldn't fix the old ones. Who else give that kind of service? Just wish they made rifle scopes.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

keep moving to top for Hoagy

7. steele

steele TS Member

For three years in a row, I had problems with Steiner binos. They were the smaller folding models which I used for archery elk hunting. The hinges kept wearing out so bad that you needed two hands to hold them up. With just one hand, the hinged area would fold by themselves. After the third trip back to Gander Mountain, I switched over to Zeiss. There wasn't any problem at Gander, just the annoyance of having to return them again & again. All my optics are Zeiss, with the exception of an IOR Valdada scope on my groundhog gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.