1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Legislation Question on ownership of Semi Autos

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Cyrus, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

I am basically a trap shooter. Can someone with experience in legislative matters explain why the Gun Shops have a waiting line out the door to purchase Assault Weapons, if the Dems are going to start all this BS and ban these type of firearms. To me, I would be selling them off before they start to implement these reforms. If you currently own any semi auto's (including those used for clay target sports or hunting) prior to the ban, are they excluded or included from the ban. Can they legally take away your private possessions? If my memory serves me correctly, when President Regan enacted this type of ban, I don't recall any type of confiscation. Thanks for any opinions/info. Cyrus

2. drgondog

drgondog Member

3. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

"New York Gov: Gun Confiscation and Forced Buy-back an Option"

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

As far as I'm concerned, the fight is on already.

5. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

I think it would suit the behavior of said beaurocrats to put a cost of billions of dollars on the backs of all the media led sheep. I also think the media should frontpage the cost of the plan. (so as not to be deceptive!)

6. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

If there is a ban on assult weapons and you own one you will not be able to sell it. If you can sell it it will only be after a background check. Sell it without a background check and you will have a problem. Or they will force you to get an FBI background check and pay a tax stamp to own the weapon.

7. railman

railman Member

First of all read the DOD definition of "assault weapon". One of the criteria is it must be capable of multiple shots while hold back the trigger. Full auto or burst. No "black gun" being sold meets this requirement, that I am aware of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.