1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Legendary Kolar Service :-)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Wednesday evening, 1/2/13, on my way to shoot at North Carroll, I took the doubles barrel for the Kolar Max T/A Comp to the UPS store for shipment to get the hangers changed. In case you wonder; with Kolar, POI on the O/U barrel, as with the singles sets, unsingle & top single, can be changed with the adjusting screw at the muzzle; but, obviously, both barrels will track the same. However the POI relationship, one to the other, can be adjusted by changing the distance between them with the hangers/shims that separate the tubes. Today, at Noon EST, I got a call from Dawn, at Kolar, telling me the work was completed and they would be shipped out today. That's 5 days turnaround from my home to Kolar, job completed, and to the UPS truck at Racine, for shipment back. The amazing part of this story, at least my past history, is that service like this is typical at Kolar. First class, all the way.

Thank you, my friends at Racine, best.....mike

2. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Best customer service in the business! I love this about Kolar's, but I find their guns a bit heavy for my liking.

3. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

That is the same type of service I have been receiving for over 8 years! Its the way they do business.

Eric Olson

4. joneseboy

joneseboy Member

That's another reason I bought a Kolar T/S in December. I bought it through Aaron Willoughby. A true gentleman

5. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Woodson;

I agree with your comments on weight.

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

They may seem a bit heavy to some folks, but most of the women out there wouldn't trade for anything else.

Best service in the gun industry. Many other businesses could sure take a lesson from Keith and Jeff when it comes to customer service.

Why settle for less than the best.

Kolar shooter since 2004.

7. deuce

deuce Member

No excuses on those doubles now, huh Mike? :)

Regards,
    JimBo

8. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

My wife thinks they are heavy too...

9. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

To those folks that find the Kolar heavy, have you tried the .750 bore guns? Bill Malcolm

10. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have had .740's and .750's and find them rather light. My first Kolar, a .740, had a Soft Touch Type recoil device installed and I still added another 14 oz to even out the swing (in the forend wood).

My Max T/A has 11 ozs added already (in the under barrel of the top single)and will probably get more - like a Dead Mule in the stock.

I also have a K-80 Trap Special with a Dead Mule in the stock and its probably going to have something more added.

Its not about weight, its about smoothness of the swing, IMO.

Eric

11. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I agree with Bill.

I think .750 guns are considerably lighter that the old .740 barrels. They swing smooth and are very well balanced so they don't "feel" heavy when your shooting them.

Kolar may never shed the distinction of being heavy even though they have lightened them up.

Hard to beat the customer service!

SW

12. headhunter

My sister thinks they are heavy also..

13. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

WOO HOO! the barrel is back and the work performed as requested. By my count that was 8 days from the time I dropped it off at the UPS store last Wed evening. After a trip to the patterning board I confirmed that both barrels are shooting exactly the same POI. I adjusted them to shoot 85/10 which should be a good starting place, but we'll see at the practice session Sunday. 90's ...here I come (hopefully)

best....mike

14. daddiooo

Headhunter.

I know your wife thinks they're heavy and yo' sista' thinks they're heavy....how about yo' mama? LOL

15. headhunter

She tinks dar heaby too.. but I think they are just right. Ha!

16. daddiooo

Yeah....my mama's sista' says dey be heaby too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kolar poi adjustment