1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Left, Right, Up, Down - Patterned BT99, Adjust?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

Patterned my BT99 this evening - at about 35 yards. I've been missing a LOT of right moving targets. The gun is shooting left about 5 inches and practically flat (50/50 or 55/45).

There's an adjustable comb. I'm uncertain about which way to adjust and by how much.
    Are these correct?
    1. The comb is currently left of center and I'm thinking I need to move it to the right, away from my face.

2. In a similar fashion, it seems I should raise the comb to move the pattern up.

Thanks for any guidance.

Larry

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Larry, I have my BT-99 set up to shoot about 9" high at 40 yards.....that required raising the comb 3/8". To make it shoot 4" high at 40 I needed to raise the comb 1/4".

To get your eye lined up on the rib you need to move the comb as far to the right as you can to start & see how the pattern looks then.

Good Luck!

3. kene

kene TS Member

you move the comb the same way you want the point of impact to move. raise the comb if you want to raise the POI; move the comb to the right if you want to move the POI that way. try moving in 1/16 [.060"] inch increments

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Move the comb in the direction you want your pattern to move.

Just like the rear sight on a pistol. (Your eye is the rear sight on a shotgun, but the comb determines where your eye is.)

Move the front of the rib in the opposite direction you want the pattern to move.

Just like the front sight on a pistol.

5. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I believe for every 1/16" you raise the comb you'll raise your POI 2" @ 35 yards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bt99 pattern

bt99 take down and adjust
how to adjust a bt99 to shoot high
how to adjust a shoot gun poi left or right
how to adjust shotgun shooting left
how to shoot a bt99
whjich way to adjust comb for left handed shooters