1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Left lens darker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by twcpdc, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

I some times see the side of the barrel when mounting the gun. I think that my right eye may not be dominate enough causing cross eye shooting. Saw a guy at the club with one lens darker than to other so I tried it, I think it helps I have not seen the side barrel when I did it. Has anyone had any experience with this. I need to order prescription lens and want to know more before I try to order the lens different. Thanks Tom

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I had Decot V-lite #0 and #2 lenses, noticed my left eye sometimes took over. Put the #2 in left sidd, #0 in the right side, stopped the problem. BUT, I went to the eye doctor and got a new prescription afterwards. I suggest you do the same.

3. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

All my lens are plan this will be my first prescription lens. What is the difference from #0 and #2 I was useing a red on left and yellow on right Thanks Tom

4. EuroJoe

Darker shade of same color

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

That trick gives me a whale of a headache!

MK

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

We have an Optometrist on this forum who has the research that addressed this technique and found that the off shoulder lens needs to be very much darker to have any real effect. There are other methods of occlusion like the tape patch that are more reliable for crossfire.

7. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

I use an older/weaker lens for the non-master eye with good results. Ron

8. EuroJoe

might as well close the left eye if you use tape or patch.

9. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

I disagree Euro-Joe.

If you are closing one eye you are asking your brain to do an involuntary action, so you have in fact shifted some degree of brain power and or concentration to closing they eye. If you open it which is easy for your mind to do when you are looking for something! You'll pick it up instantly with the "master eye" and usally I think shoot way behind one way and way in front the other way.

The dot or tap allows you to not have to think about keeping an eye closed and sti allows you to use you side vision in that eye, but when you look straight down the barrel the taped eye cannot focus or see the target.

I have been taped for over 30 years and it works great for me.

10. EuroJoe

I tried those and couldn't see anything with the left eye. Yoy need both for depth perception.

11. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Why do you need depth perception to shoot trap??

12. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

You can buy an occluder like pistol shooters use. Just clips on the side of your glasses you want to block, some even flip up when you don't need it. See URL above...Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.