1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

left handed trap shooters

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tback, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tback

tback TS Member

have been shooting a browning 425-left handed, since now primarily shooting trap, looking for a trap gun. browning XT left hand is out but I imagine there are trapguns out there w neutral stock and a relatively neutral palm swell. any lefthanders w suggestions/recommendations-thanks!!

2. tback

tback TS Member

addendum to above-need adjustable comb and will likely add gracoil system

3. Rogiena

Rogiena Member

Good luck, I wish i could help but being female and tiny I wound up with a stock blank and bondo. Heard the same from other lefties I know could not find something that was really close to right. Rogiena

4. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I shoot left handed with a right handed Browning XT. To my knowledge all XT's have a neutral cast. The only difference between the right and left handed versions is the palm swell, this has not been an issue with me though it would have been nice to have the left hand palm swell. As for an adjustable comb, I listened to the advice of other members of this forum and had an after market job done. The Browning comb hardware is deemed to be inferior to most after market hardware. I imagine who ever you have do the gracoil installation for you could also take care of an adjustable comb. Shoot Well,

Robert

5. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Browning offers a LH XT, I'm a lefty also and have shot a RH XT and found it's stock is very neutral, but with a RH palm swell. I now shoot a Kolar that has a true LH stock. Boy, what a difference a well fitted gun feels like and shoots like.
    http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=008B&cat_id=013&type_id=406

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I shoot a pair of Beretta 682x combos with factory cast-on (left handed)stocks. These guns were not particularly hard to find and they were actually a bit less expensive than similar condition right hand guns. I would advise you to consider a used gun from a reputable dealer. You will save about 50% over buying new and if you really need all those adjust-o-matic features you won't hurt the gun's value much by adding them.

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I'm with JBMI..don't shy away from a true lefty gun until you try it out. I bought an MX-2000 from Giacomo, in RIGHT HAND, since I figured if I hated it I could always sell it easier. Giacomo's sales guy, Lee Meadows, calls to see how I'm doing with it...finds out I have the comb kicked over to the left to accomodate me and insists I send the gun back to get a lefty stock put on it.

Boy, am I glad they did that.

8. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Try www.millersguns.com They seem to have s stock of lefty guns. Remington 90T has ambidexterous palm swells.

9. JRWolf

JRWolf TS Member

Have a nice left hand Beretta Greystone 682 combo for sale. If interested please drop me an email at jrwolf@cis.net

JR

10. melie

melie Guest

SKB 85TSS has a neutral stock and palm swell.
    Recoil is quite mild so, you might not
    even need a Gra-Coil unit. I'm a lefty and I like my 85TSS.

take care,
    Mark

11. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

T-Back: send me an email. Put L.H trapgun in subject line. Thanks. Don

12. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

I have a 3200 Remington and a BT-99 both set up left handed and both for sale.
    Use the private message system if you want more info or pictures,,Thanks, Jim

13. Djones

Djones TS Member

I have been shooting an old style Citori Trap. It was a neutral cast shotgun. I had a Clyde Slide installed on it. I pushed the adjustable comb to the left. In addition I had a Jones adjustable but plate installed too. after tailoring the cast and recoil pad for LH shooting I have been happy as lark.
    Don

14. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

Scheels in Lincoln, NE has a new 32" Left hand XT. I almost bought it but chose to put a Hissem adj. comb on my XT. It's a beautiful gun.

15. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Most LH guns are designed and made by Righties, there for Scewing everything up. I love my XT It is/was a righty stock. With just enought toe out to irritate my pec muscle after a while, learned to live with it. Buy a LH PFS for your 425 and if needed a add on rib.

16. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

I wish I had $10 for every gun I picked up that had L/H on the tag that turned out to be neutral at best. My advice (after 25 years of looking) is get a L/H precision fit stock, check out what guns they make L/H grips for and go from there. I have a flat-rib Perazzi for trap, and it takes less than a minute to switch the unit onto the step-rib Perazzi I use for skeet & sporting. I'm a minimum-wage working schmo and I think it's the smartest money I ever spent. YMMV. Cheers-Graham.

17. JHS

JHS TS Member

I went through this same issue.

Answer for me was getting a semi custom LH from Fred Wenig for my 1100 about 10 years ago. Then it was affordable, not sure what it would cost today. Picked a semi finished blank out of his inventory at the Grand and had it fir to me. This is the best fitting gun I own other than my PFS.

I also have a MX2000 with a LH PFS. This is probably the best way to go assuming a LH PFS is available for your gun and you can adapt your shooting stayle to the PFS .

Jim

18. coyote_198

coyote_198 TS Member

HEY JR Wolf I know we have E-Mailed before, some how we lost contact, I'm interested in you 682, E-MAIL ME.

19. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I had Kolar build me a T/S last year. I am very impressed. From an old left hander , give them a call.

Joe Woods/Ontario

20. BLHenson

BLHenson TS Member

Well let's see I have a few lefties that I'd sell and they are definetely left handed, I shoot with a lot of toe out and cast.

Also have right handed stocks taht came off some of the guns

Silver dollar Alferman
    NCP Bertta Auto
    Kreigoff k-32 with k-80 triggers and 3 barrels including a k-80 unsingle
    Rem 11-87
    etc....

Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.