1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LEFT HANDED AND LOOKING FOR TRON

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Doug Briggs, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs TS Member

What is your problem with left handers on your right? I am left handed. If you are on post 3 and I am on post 4, I will remain motionless from the time the shooter on post 2 lowers his gun until you shoot at your target. What does being left handed have to do with it? Anyone on my right who moves while I am shooting(left or right handed)needs to shoot skeet.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Hey, I'm a lefty also, but I shoot right handed to keep from making other people mad and my right eye is my true eye ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Well, it simply drives me nuts. I can't stand having some guy looking at me while I'm shooting. Sometimes lefties stare you straight in the eyes (sometimes even make faces) as if to purposely distract an otherwise unsuspecting right handed shooter. But I know better. I have learned to pay closer attention to who is going to be squaded with me and especially who will be to my right. If it's a lefty, I will simply resquade or have that person removed and place on another line. If there's no getting out of it, I usually install my barrel that doesn't have the deflector nub (I only shoot 391's) and ting up that persons shooting glasses with my hulls.

The ATA simply needs to have the sense to encourage clubs to promote lefy only squads.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=smallsilvers1.jpg" target="_blank"> smallsilvers1.jpg </a>

4. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Tron,

Have you ever thought of wearing blinders?

TNCoach

5. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Boy tron, you have been hooking a lot lately! No real "keepers" tho. Maybe adjust the trolling speed a half mph... Rick Gibbs

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Get the gaffe!

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Tron...all those lefties AREN'T looking at you. Really.

They're staring at your butt.

Think about THAT next time you call pull....

8. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I'm a lefty and purposely turn my head and look at him just before he calls for the bird. I know he can see me. "lost Birrrrrd"!!!!! Love it. Dave T.

9. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Tron,

I once worked with a lady that had "mental problems" and thought someone was watching her.

I told her not to worry everyone was watching her!

Later I found out she quit the job and didn't come of out her house for over a month.

TNCoach

10. Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs TS Member

I think most on deck shooters are looking in the same direction their gun is pointed. If shooters are looking in your face, I think you have more to worry about than being stared at. Personally, I am much more interested in watching your target than your nose hair.

11. Tron

Doug, maybe you're onto something. I tend to braid my nose hair...perhaps that's part of my problem with Lefties. I've also found (for whatever reason) that most left handed shooters are Liberals. Not sure why that is.

12. Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs TS Member

I don't know why but you have pushed my button. I challenge you to a duel. 100 16 yard targets at a neutral location. A wager of $100.00 per bird. I shoot right handed, you shoot left handed. You can even shoot on my right. The gauntlet is dropped.

13. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Tron, I am a leftie on the trap line but a righty on everything else. Are you sure they aren't checking your shoes. You Michigan guys crack me up.
    Doug Allison

14. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Seems to me right handed shooters on a squad are always looking at each others ass, thats why I shoot left handed:)

Robert

15. Tron

Duel ey? I'd have to shoot left handed huh? Does this mean that I'd have to wear eye liner and lip gloss like the lefties do??

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

No but you would have to iron your panty hose.

Briggs I would be careful what you ask for.

Don

17. Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs TS Member

Wear your little black dress, heels and a thong for all I care.

Next thing you will want sub-juniors, ladies, and wheelchair shooters in segregated squads.

Put up or shut up!

18. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

I'm a lefty, and if I found myself squadded to Tron's right I'd simply bow my head in reverence each time he shot...anyone who can get so much 'play' out of normally docile target species deserves appropriate respect. Kind Regards-Graham.

19. Tron

Yeah Graham....He's a Yappin' fur a Bitch Slappin'!

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=203910354841e5aa420735c.gif" target="_blank"> 203910354841e5aa420735c.gif </a>

20. Doug Briggs

Doug Briggs TS Member

Here I am Tron, bring your money and come slap me, if you can. Why do I get the feeling you don't have the courage?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.