1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Left handed 682 difference.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Leggs, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leggs

Leggs Member

My buddy is a lefty and is looking for a 682 gold combo. He has the chance to buy a nice right handed one. Is there a big difference from LH to RH?

Thanks.

2. Franktri

Franktri Member

Not much of a difference. I had a 682 for years and never knew there was a difference. As long as the sight picture is good and straight down the barrel, it should be ok. However, for a proper fit, the stock can be changed to a LH, which is what I eventually did. Jeff's outfitters carries many at a reasonable price. Hope this info helps..

3. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

If the right hand stock doesn't fit he can always get a lefty from Coles gunsmithing. Dale

4. Guy

Guy Member

I've got a left hand trap stock.....$175 delivered.

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

When I had my 682, my only issue was sliding the barrel selector switch when I opened the action. for trap, you can have it pinned ..

6. Leggs

Leggs Member

Thanks for the info guys. I think he is convinced to go with a LH model.

7. Leftysmokum

Leftysmokum Member

straight stocks or neutral stocks can be used with a adjustable cheek comb, many shooters do this when they begin shooting---have fun

8. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I'm a Lefty, and there are times that it matters very much. Eye dominance and physical size can make a cast-on stock very difficult to shoot. Stock cast is extremely important. If your friend mounts the gun and is looking down the bbl's instead of the rib changes will need to be made, some of them expensive.

Kip

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I'm also a lefty and have a couple of 682x trap models with left handed (cast on) stocks. These really do help and it is a feature your friend will want. The good news is there are actually quite a few of these type guns on the used market and they don't necessarily command a premium over comprable right handed guns.

Good luck.

10. Brandon782

Brandon782 Member

Does that lh stock u have have an adjustable comb? Or is it a Monte Carlo? Either way I'm interested

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.