1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Left Hand Browning XT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by taxidermyteacher, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taxidermyteacher

taxidermyteacher TS Member

I just received my new left Hand 32" XT. I bought a new Right Hand XT last year. When I heard that they were going to make it in a left hand stock, I had to have one. I had to order it in to my local dealer, so I had no idea what I was going to get for wood.

I was very suprised. The wood on this gun is incredible. Amazing figure on stock and forearm. I have always been impressed by the wood that Browning puts on the XT, but this one is exceptional.

I assumed that a left hand stock meant that it would be straight but with a left hand palm swell. After all, my right hand gun was straight. This gun has a very definate left hand cast stock. I went back through and read all the descriptions that I could find. None mention a left cast stock. It is a true left hand gun, not just a left hand palm swell. I am very pleased! Thought some of you lefties might want to know about the cast. This is the first one I have had my hands on, but, I assume they are all this way. Now, if I can just hit anything with it everything will be great.

Thanks,
    Chip Stamper

2. coyote_198

coyote_198 TS Member

Now they need to offer that stock to us lefthanders that have XTs

3. taxidermyteacher

I asked about a left stock. No luck. Instead I sold my right and bought this left. Around here XT's are so popular that they are very easy to sell. And they hold their value. It seems that on our Thursday night league, half the shooters have XT's. I also noticed a bunch at the State Shoot and Summer Handicap. Browning has to be happy with the way these things are selling. Left hand stocks will only make them more popular. This is the second one I have owned. Don't mean to stir things up. But,I prefer it over the 682. My son has two of them. And shoots them well. They are great guns. I don't think you can buy more trap gun for the money.

Chip

4. taxidermyteacher

Like many others I wish Browning would make single barrels available to purchase for the XT. Beretta's are so nice from that stand point. Lots of batrrels out there. And, left hand stocks available too. I just sold my 682 combo. But, put the original stock back on it and kept my left hand stock. I know if I ever get another one this stock will fit.

Chip

5. Old Ranger

Old Ranger Member

My LH XT:

I picked up a new LH XT in trade earlier this summer, sent it off to Phil Crenwelge for a release trigger, and just started shooting it in league shoots this month. My report:

The stock has a definite LH cast which puts the figure eight right in front of my eye. It shoots lower than my old '80's vintage Citori, probably around 55/45, very much like my Rem 3200. Crenwelge also had put the release trigger in that 3200, but the XT trigger is a tad slower(tough to get anything as quick as those coaxial 3200 firing pins). The overall result is that I need to lead the hard angles just a bit more with the XT than with the 3200, and just as with the 3200 I need to cover the bird with the barrel before releasing. Not much of a change, but I'm a bird or so below my average with the XT.

Will H.

6. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I wouldn't know what to do with a LH casted gun...I've never shot a gun that was actually "made" for lefties. My XT is a RH one, but strangely, there is little to no RH cast -- just a palm swell (that I don't even notice anymore). Maybe they will eventually offer the stock to those of us who really could use one.

7. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

browning4me Trust me on this you don"t know what you are missing not having a left hand stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning xt left hand
browning xt left hand stock
browning xt lefthand trap

browning xt trap left hand

browning xt trap left handed
left hand browning xt stock
left hand xt