1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Left Hand Autoloader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vet06, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vet06

vet06 TS Member

Does anyone know what manufacturers make a left hand trap autoloader?

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Remington makes left handed 1100 and 11-87. Also Benelli. jm

3. pgithens

pgithens Member

If you wanted a trap version of the Remingtons you'd have to order through the custom shop.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I "created" a left-handed 1100 trap gun for my daughter.

I bought a 80's vintage left-handed 1100 field gun, found a left-handed step-rib trap barrel (they're hard to find, but they're out there) bought a monte carlo stock direct from Remington and had Greg Hissem put an adjustable soft top comb and pad on it for her.

Had her trigger group worked on by a guy named Dave Munden.

She still uses it.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I'm a lefty also and well know the limited market of left handed guns. I do have one lefty 1187 and a bunch of right handed M1100's. Having been down this path I can tell you the smart money will be to build up a right handed gun to fit you. Parts and options are much easier to come by and you won't have a problem when it comes to resale.

The main reason I though I needed a lefty 1187 was for the safety which use to be expensive to convert. Now days there is a nifty little button that Midway carries for about $20 that does that. This can be an issue with a trap gun if your trigger finger rubs against the safety and sets it unintentionally as you line up for a shot.

The 391 Beretta comes with shims to cast the stock on for left handed use and the factory safety is reversable.

6. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

The biggest problem for me being a lefty and shooting a righty auto was the fired shell zooming out in front of my off eye. using a shell catcher just lets the thing sit there and wobble in front of the off eye. If you shoot it enuff, you just get used to it

Bob

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The one gun that wasn't mentioned is the Beretta UGB25. It dumps the empties out the bottom so it is good for a rightie or leftie. The stock is fully adjustable from the factory. You can read all about it on Beretta's website.

ss

8. vet06

vet06 TS Member

Thank you all for your responses. I have a new shooter that is left eye dominant but has shot a little before. She doesn't like the shell ejecting in front of her face so thought I would check. I was looking for an autoloader to help her with recoil.

9. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Just wait untill the first time it is shot at night and fire comes out of the breech. Thats a real wake-up call for a leftie shooting a righty gun

Bob

10. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

For what I have seen in the past I would work with a right hand gun. The reason would be it would be alot of money in the gun and then try to sell it and get your money out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.