1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Left ejection port semi auto ????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chiefjon, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Which semi auto 12 ga. guns come with a left side ejection port? Left hand shooters, does it really make a difference?

Thanks.

JON

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rem 1100/1187, benelli Montefeltro and possibly SBE, I believe franchi made a LH semi, Stoeger, Winchester 1400, and maybe some others. Yes, it make a ton of difference for me. No more hulls flying in front of my face, no more intermittent blasts of gas and debris to my face.

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I shoot left handed and don't really have a problem with RH ejecting autoloaders. The important thing for me is the safety location and whether the safety can be reversed. I do have a LH M1187 and I like it but I like my right hand Beretta 391 even better. The RH shell ejection will get your attention at first and if you shoot at night you will see a little blue flash when the bolt opens. The advantage to staying with right handed guns is that they are common and so are the parts and accessories that you may like to try.

4. oletymer

oletymer Member

Remington has the newer G3 in left hand.

5. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

I shoot with a LH 1100 and its great. Takes some time to get use to running a LH gun. I hunt with a RH 3901 and it is great also. I think it is personal preference. At night the RH will suprise you every once an awhile. Good shooting. Corey

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I had a LH 1100 and loved it, but sold it when I got into O/U's. I just won a Browning Gold Clays and shot it for the first time this past weekend. I had no trouble shooting it left handed as the hulls were ejected out and to the front of the gun. The Gold has a safety that can easily be switched to LH, (did it in less than a minute). I'm going to keep the gun.

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Jon...... As you know, I'm left handed as well. There is a lot of difference between a left hand ejecting gun, and a right hand ejecting gun. I love shooting a Model 12, but, just can't stand the hull flying by the front of my face. At times, the gun will also spewe out burnt powder, etc, which will pit your shooting lenses if they are polycarbonate, as most are. I had a model 870 L/H Trap, and a L/h 1100, and never had those problems. A right hand ejection auto or pump just doesn't work for me, and that's why I shoot a break open gun...Dan Thome (Trap2)

8. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Thanks Dan. I am training a new shooter and she wants those nasty old shell to fly away from her.

JON

9. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I have shot over 60,000 registered doubles with a 302 through a 391 shooting left handed. I can only remember having a problem one time seeing empties. I swung so fast on the left hand 2nd bird that I caught the empty on the High rib post. Still broke the target.

10. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Singles with the r/h gun not too bad, but it is hard for me to stay in the gun on a second bird with a shell flying in front of my nose. If you can find a lefty (1100 would be best bet) that is the way to go. If it's one she going to buy, She should have no problem selling it. Lots of lefties looking for l/h guns. It really does make a difference not having the distraction when you are trying to stay in the gun after you fire at the bird (follow a chip etc)

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.