1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lefever trap gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 8 Straight, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

A guy showed up at our regular practice session today, in possession of a single barrel Lefever trap gun. It had about a 30" barrel, complete with ventilated rib. I only got to handle it briefly, so I did not get to check it out very well. The only markings I could see were on both sides of the receiver, Lefever Arms Co. Ithaca NY. No markings on the barrel at all, at least what was visible. Anyone familiar with these guns?

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I have one, approx. 1917 mfg. mine is 32"--39 thou. choke--wide VR--NO safety, good gun for games where you start out @ the 30 yd. line & then go back from there until somebody misses. Too tight for 16s. They were made by Ithaca hence the Ithaca NY markings. One of the simplest striker firing systems I've seen. Not usually considered collectable, very few parts available. Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ithaca lafever trap gun

lefever single barrel trap gun

lefever trap

lefever trap gun