1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lee zip trim?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mel12, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mel12

Mel12 TS Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Does anyone use a lee zip trim? Do you like it? Fingers are starting to get tired after trimming to leangh and deburring. Looking for a better way than by hand.
  2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    The zip trim is an ok product, nothing special. You will be much better off with an electric screwdriver or a very slow speed battery drill. I bough a balcak and decker power screwdriver for $18 at Lowes. The newer Lee case holder / stud system is already a 1/4" hex. I also recommend the Ball handle case trimmer, much easier on the hand. The deburring tools work fine with cases turned in an electric screwdriver.

If you are having to do primer pocket deburring on military cases, the Hornady bits are made to screw into their tool handle which is threaded #8 x 32. Hornaday and Redding both sell a 1/4 inch hex adapter that has a #8 x 32 hole, to adapt their bits to be used in a powder screwdriver. Much easier than all that hand twisting.
  3. torqueman

torqueman Member

Mar 6, 2011
    LEO hit it I do the same works great!
  4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Dec 27, 2007
    I have one, bought the chuck and the maple ball cutter and have to say it does work. Since the pilots are fixed, you don't have any adjusting to do. I have used it for a couple hundred .223s and a couple boxes of .243s and .308s and it is holding up. I find it isn't much faster than my forster (once set up) and an electric drill to turn the handle/spindle. Probably worth the money but I'm withholding judgement on long term durability until I get past 1000 done. Been using the Forster for over thirty years and it is still fine.
  5. Codebrown

Codebrown TS Member

Jul 20, 2009
    what LEO said
  6. psfive

psfive Member

Aug 9, 2006

See the drill mounted to the front of the bench. I use the Lee case holder to trim cases. Mounted the drill using the threaded handle mount bolted it right to the bench using a pipe nipple to space it out with. I'm cheap and it works. Paul in GINebraska.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lee zip trim threaded adapter