1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lee progressive shotshell press ...what gives

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by omgb, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

OK, for the umteenth time on Ebay I've seen what looks like a Lee knock off of a Mec Jr. press. I'm curious, what's the history on these things? They aren't in athe catalog now so can I assume they were dogs? If you have any info on them I'd like to hear from you.

2. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

No it was a Lee. It was called a Lee Load Fast. They had it in their catalog for a couple of years back in the early 80s I believe. They still have the manual on their site.

3. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

No takers?

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

They were marginal machines built around the old style AA. Although there are doubtless folks who have good luck with them, they gave less than stellar performance.

5. Gregor

Gregor Member

I bought a Lee Load Fast factory direct. Do a search for it, it comes up from time to time. P.O.S., you know you are in trouble when the Instructions say to load every other station to make it work smoother. Gave it to an engineer friend who wanted to tinker with it, after I asked him if I should shoot it or run it over with my CJ-7.

Regards,
    Gregor

6. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Lee keeps a lot of marginal stuff in their line. The fact that this was dropped but the Load All was not was pretty telling.

7. 100straight

100straight Member

I used Lee Load Fast loaders for quite a few years before going to MEC. The Lee worked fine for me, and the only reason I switched was because Lee dropped parts for the Load Fast. Anyway, I still have two of these loaders that I would sell if anyone is interested. One is functional and, the other is disassembled and might be missing a few small parts that were scavenged for the working one.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.