1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lee Load-All Conversion

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by scorpman, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scorpman

scorpman Member

I recently got a old original Lee Load-All 12GA press at a tag sale. I want to use it to reload a few 20GA shells since I already have a MEC 9000 for my 12GA reloading. I looked online and saw that they sell the upgrade kit to make the "Load-All" into a new "Load-All II" and that they have the conversion kits to change the 12GA Load-All II to a 20GA Load-All II, but what I want to know is, will the gauge conversion kit for the version II work on the older version to make my 12 a 20, or would I need both upgrades? If I need both, it would be cheaper to buy a whole new press.

2. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

These people will definitely know the answers to your questions:

LEE PRECISION
    4275 HIGHWAY U
    HARTFORD WISCONSIN 53027
    Phone: 262-673-3075

Carol Lister

3. scorpman

scorpman Member

UPDATE

I bought a 20GA conversion. The main set of tubes was easy enough to switch over. The only issue was the last station where the final crimp is set. Lee gives you a piece that holds the shell by the base so it doesn't get stuck in the tube. There is no mounting setup on the older Load-All for this piece. I had to drill 2 holes in the loader's base and an extra hole in the given piece and screw it on. Took a little fiddling to get it lined up, but it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.