1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lee hand press

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ark1stclass, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ark1stclass

ark1stclass TS Member

I have reloaded shotgun in the past, but Im thinkin about some 243 30-06 .45 I was wondering if any of you have any experience with the Lee Hand press. Can they work with full legnth resizeing? I am not talking about hundreds of rounds.

I have l o t s of time at the firehouse but dont have anywhere to put a "bench"

Thanks Jim

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

yep, they work well for small volume jobs

Ken Rucker

3. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

A little tough for full length resizing, great for neck sizing. Probably not be a problem for a fireman in top shape. ;)

Jason

4. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

They work good, but GEEZ... They'll let you do that in the "Fire House" without calling the "FBI, CIA, DNC, NYPD, ETC. ETC,......?

Chuck

Christ I forgot the EPA!!!

5. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

They do a great job,and they are cheap too.Make a loading kit(scale,powder,primers,dies,loading manual,dial calipers,and your hand press) using a tool box to store everything,and you'll be good to go.

D.P.Reynolds

6. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

I use one for loading handgun rounds.
    I generally load 50 to 100 rounds at a session.
    It would probley be tough to full length resize rifle cases.

A great jool for low volumn reloading and takes up little space.

ed

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    They work best for neck sizing only, or on straightwall or handgun cartridges that do not need sizing. If you use the ammo in more than one gun you'll find that you need to full length size, and that's better done in a proper reloading press.

I load a lot of cast bullet, blackpowder .25-20 SS and .25-20 WCF on antique Winchester hand presses that do no sizing at all.

The best handloading tools are the old Lyman 310 series, if you can find them.

You must have an understanding boss to let you do something that politically incorrect in the fire house.

8. ark1stclass

ark1stclass TS Member

Thanks for the info...I may get one I have friends that can I can go to and full legnh resize then load at work.. Yes as I will be able to do this at the firehouse with out problems...small town...in the south....huntin.... fishin

Ill be ok
    Thanks again.

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I love mine but use it mostly for pistol brass with carbide dies...I sit while watching tv and size and reprime a bunch at one time.....finish later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.