1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lee case trimer question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Remstar311, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I just got a hand held lee case trimmer. I have heard very good things about these, but I have one problem. I can't get the pilot rod into the case of my .22-250 brass. Where the rod increases in diameter will not pass the rest of the way into my case after I have resized them. I have used two different full resizing dies and still cant get in there. Any one have experience with this?

Thanks
    Nick

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

As I remember from eons ago. You trim the fired case before resizing.....

3. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Yea but when resizing it puts them over the limit doing it like that. For example, I trimmed one the 1.910 then resized it and it went to 1.915. The limit for .22-250 is 1.912. I guess Ill just have to get something else.

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Been there, done that. Several of the bottle necked type rifle cases have this problem. Chuck the depth guide rod in an elecric drill and spin the rod while holding emery cloth or another abrasive against it. Reduce the diameter about .005 in. It will work fine then on both raw cases and resized cases. The rod can be pretty sloppy in the neck and not affect the trim angle in any practical way. Good Luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.