1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Led Zepelin - Kenedy Honors

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I got to watch the Kennedy Center Honors for Led Zep on Wens. night and must say that Ann and Nancy Wilson's rendition of "Stairway to Heaven" is the most stirring that I have ever heard in my life! If you missed it, the video is on YouTube, check it out. Led Zeppelin, the greatest band of all time!

blade819

2. DadPlus4

DadPlus4 Member

'Been a long time since i rock n' rolled..

3. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

been dazed and confused...

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

They were something, created some innovative sounds. Too bad they couldn't get along for another decade or so.

However, most great bands only made great music during the early years when they young and hungry.

5. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

Thanks for posting that. Missed it the other night.

Ann Wilson`s one of the best Female Singers out there.

What a Fantastic Rendition! Very Impressive.

Regards , Pete

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

blade, I caught it the other night also, awesome. I'm a Zeppelin fan too, but to say they are the greatest of all time? Lot of great bands out there. Ever hear of Glenn Miller, Artie Shaw, Tommy Dorsey, Count Basie band with Sinatra singing lead???

Zeppelin top 5 maybe?

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I just went back and watched the video on youtube. I guess I missed the part when watching live, but the video cuts away to show Ojack and Moochelle. WTH do they have to be in everything? That ruined it for me.

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

You've got to be kidding. Many note ques missed, off keys, etc..."raspy version" is what I'd call it.

They were "the band" when I was in college. I thought they kind of butchered it.

Wish these old band members would just recognize their best time was done 30 years ago, and not bring down songs that were special for their time.

If you want to see and hear something awesome, watch the original version on a big screen with a good sound system. Platinium Sound Productions out of Port Clinton Ohio has the original sound track matched to an original concert on DVD. That is frigg'n awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.