1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaving Peoples Rep. of CA, Moving To Yuma AZ

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gyrine, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

After spending my productive years in CA wife and I moved to CO in 06 but still wintered in SoCal. Finally was able to make a clean escape from the sinking ship of the "Golden State" by getting a winter place in Yuma, AZ. I am looking forward to meeting the great people who shoot at Yuma Trap and Skeet Club. I checked the club out last weekend and can't wait to start popping caps there. Keep an eye out for gyrine, looking forward to shooting with you and being able to spend the best time of the year home in Arizona, where I am a 4th generation native. Rich Strickland

2. bjc682

bjc682 Member

Were in Colorado do you live? I live in Longmont and shoot at the Berthoud Gun Club.

Bart

3. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Dolores, CO, shoot at Cortez Trap Club. Thanks for asking. Rich

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Want to have a real treat? Once you have either an AZ drivers license or an AZ residence card go to the nearest gun shop and buy a gun. It'll blow your mind. It did this Illinois citizen now with a residence in AZ.

God bless Arizona.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Live in AZ in good health Rich.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Stay in touch Rich. I will get to Colorado to see you and lift a pint one day

7. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

WELCOME to Arizona Rich, Land of the FREE, Enjoy all that We have across our wonderful State. We have some of the best Trap Ranges in America, Tucson Trap and Skeet, Ben Avery Clay Target Center to name a couple. And as Barry said "God Bless Arizona"!!!!! Oh ya and God Bless Sherrif Joe too !!!!

Mark

8. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

bcj,,I have good memories of Longmont,,,I was there for a couple years of elem. school,,,delivered the "Denver Post",,,rode my bike along "287" picking up bottles and cans, and selling them at "North and South Johnsons Corners"
    (gas station and convencence stores). But my Dad moved us back to CA. (sadly).

Norman

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

When I moved there they made me get a drivers license immediately but I had sold my Colorado home?

10. bjc682

bjc682 Member

Norman,

The gas stations are gone now. The one on the south end of town they declared a historic building and spent thousands of dollars to stablize to put on blocks and moved it to a new development south of town. The venture has run out of money and the old building is still on the moving beams with no were to go. Sad. Hwy 287 is 4 lanes now from Broomfield to Fort Collins with a lot of houses in between.

Longmont, well it is quite different. Population 86,000+ and still a bedroom community for the front range. The Republic of Boulder still exists to the west and the view of the mountains are still spectacular.

I'm originaly from Nebraska and moved here in 1981. Married a native Coloradian who will never leave her mountains.

Come back and see us some time!!

Bart

11. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I am SO jealous. May soon be joining you in AZ. Doug

12. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I have already had a TSC shotgun purchase sent to a dealer in Yuma. I picked it up without a hitch. CO bounds AZ at four corners. For handguns you need to be an AZ resident. I am going to look into getting an AZ id Card through AZ dept of motor vehicles. The owner of the gun shop told me that would work. I am going to make it clear that I am a CO resident and intend to remain one even though I own real property in AZ. We will see where that leads. Thanks for all the posts. Rich

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Its not legal to have more than one drivers license which is not a problem as long as you have an Arizona ID card, they are issued at the same place the drivers license is ... You will be close enough to Los Algadones to walk across the border and get some smoking deals ... My Dentist is down there, does great work for a lot less money ... Medication is about 1/3 the price as it is in the States ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.