1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leave well enough alone, or u most likely will PAY

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    I am a firm believer in leaving well enough alone. I don't believe in preventative maintenance on anything, except maybe my shotgun. Last night my wife gets out of the shower and says the water is a little slow going down. I said did it go down,she said yes?

I then said so what is the the problem than, if it went down? My wife and I have been together since 1968. We are complete opposites. I am slow moving like Malaysia on a cold January day. She is always fast moving, wants thing done yesterday.

She said can you auger the pipe out for me? I said when I get some free time. She said your retired? I said when I feel up to it. She said if one of your trapshooting cronies calls to shoot, you get up and walk like your 20 years old. I told her people need priorities in life, and cleaning out the pipe is not high on my list.

She calls me from Ace hardware and a pimple face pt employee tells her about some new stuff that he has to clean out pipes. I said don't buy it. She said I already did. I said return it.

The wife puts this stuff down the bathtub drain and it smells like rotten eggs. She has on gloves, eye protection as this stuff will eat through lots of materials. She kept it in the drain 15 minutes and washed it out for 5 minutes with cold water. She said look how fast the tub now drains.

As I am laying in bed I said, It must have done a good job because I heard lots of girdling when the water was going down the drain.

I wake up this morning and walk down to my basement as I needed waiters, as this crap ate through two of my pipes. The reason the water went down fast was because the water drained on my furnace after it ate through the pipes, and ruined my rec room carpet too.

The plumber still has not arrived, plus I am waiting for the furnace man to check out my furnace. In conclusion, if wives in general would just wait for their husbands to do things on their time frame, things like this would not happen. I hope I've taught my wife a lesson Plus all the trapshooting wives on this site.

Men were not made to just repair things. We were made to shoot.
    Steve Balistreri

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Steve, Or next time you could have put a l/2 cup of raw bleach down the drain and waited 15 minutes and flushed it and been done with the whole thing. Once or twice a year is a good thing to keep the alge down that grows all the time in the traps around here. Yes your tub has a trap as well. Break-em all. Jeff

3. senior smoke

Jeff:
    You do not want to know what the plumber just charged me. Like they always say, your crap is our bread and butter.
    Steve

4. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Smoke, reminds me about the story of the Doctor who got up one morning and was taking a shower and noticed a leak under his sink. Called the plumber and he came out and looked at the problem and said it would be not a major problem to fix. Fixed it in about 20 mintues and gave him a bill for $250. The Doctor said $250???? The plumber said that is what it is. Doctor said I am a Doctor and don't make that kind of money. Plumber said, "I didn't either when I was a Doctor".

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Steve, you got to know when to call in the professionals. You'll be better off in the long run...............

Wayne

6. senior smoke

In the Milwaukee area most plumbers do not charge by the hour but by the job. Code for bend over.
    Steve

7. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

People think electricians are just as bad. That line of thought usually lasts until they either burn down the building or learn what happens when they touch the wrong wires. Bad plumbing will make a mess, bad electric work will kill you.

8. Pull & Mark

model number 12, you have a valid point,"but" If I have a problem with a electric line I can turn it off at the breaker and live with it for a week or two before I have to fix it. Run a short elect cord. if need be!!! Try that with a broken hot water heater or a flooded basement if you have a wife or children!!! So my point is they are both important!!!

Steve, Sorry to hear of your total loss expense!!! I just wish I told you about the bleach last week. Maybe someone today will remember and it can save them some grief. Break-em all. Jeff

9. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

"A man's got to know his limitations."

William Munny

10. Hemlock

Hemlock Member

kiv-c

Nope. It was Harry Callahan. Magnum Force "A mans got to know his limitations."

11. senior smoke

An $11.00 container of easy removal of clogs for a pipe, cost me roughly $800.00. As I am writing this, veins are popping out of my neck. That's two to three 870 TB's. Anything I spend, I relate to how many Remington 870's TB's I could have purchased with that money.

My wife blamed this whole mess on me???????????????????????????

Any women out their?

How can this be my fault? I would have snaked out the pipe, but I have to be in the mood. I was thinking about a new trap load at the time, and that takes priority over snaking out a pipe. My wife always says that I believe I was put on this earth just to trap shoot. Sounds good to me.
    Steve

12. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

You have no one to blame but yourself. Old adage: "He who hesitates is lost" or in your case out $800.

Eric

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The cost of lazy: $800.00

14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

$800 wasn't bad the plumber might have been a trap shooter too, and we all know the prices of shells have gone up LOL

I've been in the HVAC business for about 36 yrs, when I started we were charging $8 per hour, now it seems the sky is the limit, I have a friend in San Antonio that bases his job at $275 per hour

I always get caught shooting off my mouth before my brains are loaded lately, the shot's from the hip have about killed me, I need to start pricing in the 2000's not the 1970's

15. Pull & Mark

Steve, At your age You've should have learned by now that when Mama is HAPPY the whole family is HAPPY!!! If MAMA is unhappy the whole family is UNHAPPY!!! Better Luck next time. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.