1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Shell Pouch

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Phoebus, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoebus

Phoebus Member

0   0   0

Good Morning. A couple of months ago I posted a shell pouch I had made and asked opinions on it. Thanks to all those who commented. I have made several since intending to post them here for sale. All but one have been sold right off my bench. This is for sale with the belt shown for $215 delivered to your door. It's hand made from the best leather I can get my hands on. It will hold 50 12 ga. shells easily and some have been buying this a sporting clays bag. The loops at the top are sized for 12 ga. It is marked on the front with a bulldog head which is the logo for my new company PHOEBUS LEATHER.(Named for my first Bulldog R.I.P.) This is a side thing for me and my wife so production levels are currently very low as I am personally hand making each piece in small batches of 5 to 10. The response to the pouch has been fantastic. Those who have seen one in person order one right away. I have had to save this one from being sold just to post it here. I will be making another batch of 5 before christmas and hopefully will be introducing a new smaller bag after the first of the year. Initials or any other text really can be added to the belt at no extra cost. See photo. I have made a couple with alligator tails in the center panel. If you interested in that let me know and I can get you pricing availablity information. Sorry for the long post but we are pretty excited about this new venture. Send me a PM or email and we can work out the details.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kingranch

Kingranch TS Member

0   0   0

Keep us informed. I would be interested in a slightly smaller version. You say this one will hold 50 12 ga shells. Does that fill one side all the way up? I assume it has two compartments. How much are you going to ask for the smaller one?

KingRanch

3. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

0   0   0

Very Nice. I would definitely buy a smaller 25 shell version. A shell box holder to hang on the other side would be sold to me as well.

4. Phoebus

Phoebus Member

0   0   0

Hey Guys

The pouch is divided, with two compartments. I will take a pic. with 50 shells in the bag tomorrow and post it here. Not sure on the price for the smaller bag yet but likely around $100 or slightly less. I am also working on a box holder and spent shell mesh bag with leather trim to match this rig for a customer that already bought one of these bags. So I will make a couple extra for pairing with these and the smaller bags to come. If you guys that are interested will send me a PM and just put small pouch in the header, I will add you to my buddy list and make sure and follow up when I get the smaller bags ready. Thanks for the kind words.

Michael

5. Kingranch

Kingranch TS Member

0   0   0

PM sent.

KingRanch

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

0   0   0

Nice work but to me the white thread sticks out like a sore thumb.

7. Phoebus

Phoebus Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the input Wireguy. As you know, appearance is sometimes subjective. There is a strong contrast between the material and stitching. Like anything some will like and some won't. Thanks for the compliment on the workmanship and if you have any interest I'd be glad to look at making one for you with less thread contrast.

Michael

8. Phoebus

Phoebus Member

0   0   0

OK for those who are curious. Here is a picture of the bag with 50 shells in one side and 50 hulls in the other. The hulls barely fit but they do. Sorry for the cheap ammo in the pics but I shot all the good reloads over the weekend. The dimensions are 7 inches across the face at the mouth of the bag, 8.5 inches across the bottom of the bag, the bag is 8 incges tall at the center and is 4.5 inches deep.
    [​IMG]

9. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I use a box holder and hull bag, so my comment may not mean much.

I think that the extra shell loops should be on the side of the pouch, so as not to get in the way of getting new shells or dropping in the spent hull.

Jason

10. Phoebus

Phoebus Member

0   0   0

Hey Jason

Thanks for the input. I have had one other similar comment. If anyone wants a bag with loops on the side I'm glad to make them that way. I understand the comment but the loops are not really in the way when you drop hulls in the back compartment. I know this from experience. I have shells in the front and drop hulls to the back. If you put shells in the back it might be more bothersome to pull from there.

Thanks Again
    Michael

11. Phoebus

Phoebus Member

0   0   0

Hey Steve

The buckle is a 2" slide release diecast zinc with a chrome finish. If someone knows of a stainless or brass buckle similar to this I would love know. I can't find one anywhere. This is the best quality I can find on the market. I works well and I believe will hold up of a long long time. This buckle is typically used in halters and saddles.

The belt is 1 3/4" wide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

georgia leather shell pouch

leather shooters shell pouch