1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

leather shell box holders

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LocoChunk, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

im debating what kind of leather shell box holder I want. any recommendations??
  2. spitter

spitter Active Member

If you're set on wanting a shell box holder as opposed to a leather pouch... Shamrock Leathers and Lonesome Charlies are two mainstream options... CSMC offers their "Gamekeeper" line and Shotgun Sports Magazine has a line of leather product in their magazine... just few options to consider...

Jay
  3. Trap2

Trap2 Active Member

The site above is as good as it gets... Fair prices, and quality that is unmatched by anyone out there... Dan Thome (Trap2)
  4. tanda1

tanda1 Member

The other Illinois, south of I80 and north of I270
    I have both the Lonesome Charlie's and the Bandera. The LC gets used all the time. The Bandera only comes out for doubles or as a loaner. Even though I store the Bandera stuffed with a full box of shells, it is a struggle to load when shooting.
  5. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

I use my Bandera shell box holders all the time. I have had zero problems loading them. I use one of their shell box holders and shell bag, adding another clip on shell box holder for doubles. They are excellent quality.
  6. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

im not a big fan of lonesome charlies there very nice just not my style. ive kind of narrowed it down between Shamrock and a Nordic Roman Single box holder
  7. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

any thoughts on the Nordic Roman single box holder?
  8. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Active Member

I have single box holders made by Brunson leathers, I had it custom made to allow box to easily fit in. Also, I had it made 1 inch deeper so my big belly didn't cause me to spill shells. Dean DeBow is now making them. His work appears to be excellent.

Charlie
  9. Charlie Becknell

10. Charlie Becknell

I like snap end pockets.
  11. JACK

JACK Active Member

Hey Charlie.Hooke up with Dean Debow. I need one of those

Jack
  12. Charlie Becknell

Several of my friends have duplicate carriers. I have a 2nd for doubles , which has 8 extra shell loops. That is too many loops,2-4 is plenty. The one photographed is my favourite. Let me know if you have trouble finding Dean.

Charlie
  13. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Active Member

Look at clayslayer27's(Tex Hollis) bags on the FS forum they are top notch .Jerry
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.