1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Shell Bags

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bridger, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridger

Bridger Member

I may buy myself a birthday present. I've been looking at the Shamrock bags as well as the ones from Lonesome Charlies which look very nice but higher in price. Anyone ever been able to compare them? Is there a difference in the leather quality? I think the lower priced Shamrock bags are probably stamped vs hand tooled. Any recommendations including size would be appreciated. Thanks

2. 7771

7771 Active Member

Battenfield sporting goods They have great prices!!!

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Lonesome Charlies bags are very nice and the leather quality is probably the best available. That being said they are much higher than Shamrocks bags which i have. Shamrocks bags are still top of the line products from a very friendly and willing to help family. They are handmade and will customize to your liking. My bag was a trophy from a shoot that came from Shamrock. I then had them customize it and alot of the stuff i wanted they did for no charge. What more can you ask? Thats why my vote goes to Shamrock.----Matt

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I have a lonesome charlie bag. I went with him due to a couple negative experiences I had with Shamrock. Both make a quality product, but the lonesome charlie bag was in the dimensions I needed, so that and my past experiences with shamrock made it a pretty easy choice. The lonesome charlie bags appear to be a little more rugged (heavier leather) and would seem to stand up better over time.

5. dshot

dshot Member

I have both and both are top quality bags with excellent workmanship and both are do great things for trap shooting.I would get a bag that would hold 8 boxs of shell and ass.

6. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Donnie Weaver or Working Dog Leather, both in North Carolina, are the best. Lonesome Charlie is next if you don't want to pay for the best. I use all three and like them just fine. However, my Working Dog pouch will outlive my grandkids. It's already almost outlived me.

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

dshot,
    Any bag that will haul ass will be huge.

Don Verna

8. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

Shamrock is a very good bag. I've using one I won 20 year's ago. My wife got me a new one for my birthday. Lucky me. Can't beatem.

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Briger, while both will do the job and look good, I give the edge by a good margin to Lonesome Charlie's. They have a larger variety and will make you anything out of their old patterns they have, with are many. I like their belts w/ holes as they make it very easy to put any belt buckles you may win on the belt, and change as you may win new one's. I may be abit one sided as I own 3 of their holders and pouches on one belt and can change them out very easily, all in the same style (pattern) as well. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
ladies shell bag for trap shooting

leather shell bags trap shooting

leather trap shooting bags

lonesome charlie leather
lonesome charlie leather shooting bags

shell bags for trap shooting

skeet leather shell bags

trap shooting shell bags