1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Range Bag - which one???????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cottondoctor, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Recently some family members have offered to purchase a gift for me for use at trap shoots. I have always wanted one of the nice leather range bags with shoulder straps to carry shells, glasses, ear plugs, hulls, water bottle – etc.

I know that Shamrock and Lonesome Charlie’s both make excellent products – but I need your input. Those that have these type bags – or have owned bags from both of these makers or bags from other makers (list makers) – please give me your experience and/or recommendations. Either email me or PM your comments if you do not wish to make open comments.
    Thanks in advance.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I have a wide assortment of Shamrocks products and love every one of them. They stand behind their products. I have had them fix scratches and even modify my big bag to my picky taste and they wouldn't take a dime. Great family owned and run buisness. Get my vote all day long.---Matt

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I have a Shamrock leather bag. The customer service that I have had in the was very good.
    Steve Balistreri

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I've had both. Had a Shamrock bag a few years ago that was given to me by Sootballs on here. It was decent enough quality, but my experience with their customer service on a couple different occasions left a lot to be desired. It was stolen from my car maybe 5 or 6 years ago, and didn't decide to replace it until I received an offer much like yours.

I now have a Lonesome Charlie range bag. It is a little more pricey, but is much higher quality, and all my dealings with Charlie Parker (owner/mfg) have been beyond what I could expect. I also believe the LC bag is laid out a little better, and offers more room for gear (if you can, get the end pockets now, you'll probably end up wanting them eventually anyways). I'm still using one of his shell pouches I bought back in 02 I think it was, and is about as good as the day I bought it.

I'm sure you'll be happy with either, but if I were in the same position again, I'd spend the little extra $ and get the Lonesome Charlie one!

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Donny Weaver

http://www.weaverleathercraft.com/

pricey for my bag but worth it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have 2 Shamrock bags. Both look great and hold up well.
    I'm in the prosses of getting a custom made leather bag made. He is the same guy that made my gun case. I want somthing that I can put in my gear for sporting clays.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It's unusual to hear that someone had a bad experience with Shamrock. I bought a bag from Ed in the seventies. It was a plain jane and I really put it through the mill.

It had been around the world, soaked by rains, baked by the sun and generally used and abused.

Shamrock put my name on it. Relaced it about three times. Repaired it about the same number of times. Updated the hardware once. Refinished it. Oiled it...................and never charged me a dime for any of it.

If that ain't good service I don't know what good is.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Shoot long enough and you'll win one. The best one is one that holds 8 boxes of shells, 200 empties, glasses, ear plugs (muffs), toe pad, lens cleaner, notebook, aspirin, small adjusting tools, and anything else you may need. Including a sandwich and chips, sometimes. The only one's I've found that will do this, are the big nylon type shooting bags. Which I have. The little leather bags sit in the closet.

9. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Ya wanna trade that Donnie Weaver bag? Maybe even sell it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
custom sporting clays bag

leather range bags

leather shooting range bag
leather sporting clays bag
leather sporting clays range bags
leather trap shooting shell pouch
skeet range bag sholder

trap range bag