1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Bags

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trinketshooter, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Who makes the best leather bags at a reasonable price? Neil

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

LonesomeCharlie.com is the place to go. Widest choices with the best in pricing as well. Break-em all. Jeff

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I have a Shamrock that I purchased at the Grand American in 1975. I used it continually for about 30 years. It's been soaked in the rain many times. Baked in the sun even more. I ran over it at least twice with my pickup truck. It's been relaced twice by Shamrock.....free. I shot well over 300,000 shells in that time period and nearly all of them and the empties came through that case.

In 2005 I "retired" it and started using a Shamrock bag that I was lucky enough to have won in 1995. They're hard to beat.

4. todman2

todman2 Member

Jame Fierros does a nice job at a good price I just had one made up and a few fellow shooters had he make up pouches. Theirs were so nice I had to have one made up also.

All of his non exotic bags cost 90$ plus 5$ or so for shipping, He does not have a website yet, but has posted a few pictures on

www.photobucket.com/jbrand

5. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

I have the "Medium" leather bag from Lonesome Charlies.
    Inside it'll hold 4 boxes and 100 empties.
    It's great and it was at my door 5 days after ordering
    complete with brass name plate engraved!
    Mike Cunningham
    Groveland, CA

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

"Best" is subjective, but if you want something that wont be sitting on everyone else's hip, is well constructed from great materials with superb craftsmanship - DITTO on James Fierros.

I had him build me a single compartment bag out of American Bison. I asked if he could use a dark thread color - the workmanship is 2nd to none!

[​IMG]

Regards all,

Jay Spitz

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

James Fierros - jamesfierros@yahoo.com

Jay Spitz

8. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Donny Weaver made this bag for me. It can hold a good 10 boxes of 12 gauge ammo,with the middle compartment left to hold my shooting glass cases.

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_15834.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

9. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Do you mind if I ask how much the Weaver shoulder bag was? You can private message me if you don't want to post it here. Thanks. Neil

10. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

PM sent.

I also love my Donny Weaver plain jane belt and pouch. I plan to order another one just to have as a spare in case my current one gets stolen or lost. This may sound bad to say but Donny is human and won't live forever so I am of the mindset that if I find a product that I really really like and if it's custom made by only one person, I will order a second identical item just as a backup. That's what I did with Big Sky case covers. I ordered an extra 2 sets of covers because the guy who makes them is only doing them a word by mouth basis and who knows when he will all together stop making them covers.

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I was waiting to win one.... wait got too long, so I bought one from Leo's wife Karla.

12. bewmetal

bewmetal Member

James Fierros - jamesfierros@yahoo.com
    bewmetal_2008_30038.jpg

13. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Click the above website.

They do tons of state shoots and the Grand. Been around for probably 40 years.

Whiz

14. tingram

tingram TS Member

Al Ange makes a great pouch!

15. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Give Shamrock a good look. They make a very nice bag as stated by many on this post and they do a lot to support our sport in all states. Support the guys that support the sport if you can.

Mark Zauhar

16. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I always liked Arnie Brunson's stuff, but I haven't seen him around for a while. Anybody know what happened to him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

james fierros

leather bags by donny