1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Learning to Focus - Easy, fun, not too expensive.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

One of the most important issues in shooting is to clear the mind and focus on breaking the target. That's what I get from almost every expert who tries to help me - either in person or via a DVD. It seems to be sound advice and I accept it without question. For me, the problem always seems to be attaining and maintaining that focus. Invariably, some thought or worry enters my brain and distracts me from the job at hand... "LOST".

I think I've discovered a practice technique that's fun and seems to help train my brain to focus on a single task for longer than a millisecond. It might work for you. If you try it and have success I'd like to hear about it. In addition to better scores (through focusing) I find it easier to concentrate on reading and I even nod off less often in the pew. I think I've recovered some of my memory and retention of new data. I'm actually thinking this process can help delay or prevent Alzheimer's. Exercising the brain is similar to exercising the rest of the body...If you don't use it you lose it. I am seeing my scores improve and I am attributing it to improved focus.

What the heck am I referring to? A game that I play on computer, iPad, and iPhone. It's called BEJEWELED. The iPhone version is really good for times when I'm out and waiting for something (in line, etc.). The computer version is good, but it isn't as easy to obtain what I think is the best eye/hand performance. The real champ is an apple iPad.

There are a number of games that comes with the installation. ZEN seems to be never ending - and a great warm-up version. The CLASSIC gets moving. THE DIAMOND MINE is fast. All versions are addictive - in a good way.

In addition to playing this game for 15 minutes twice a day, I added blinders to my glasses. I had blinders before and didn't notice much difference. Coupled with BEJEWELED, the improvement is noticeable after just a couple of months.

If nothing else, this seems like a good reason to buy a new iPad. I have the original and it works extremely well. I have no need for the camera features. Give it a try and report your findings.

I'm shooting this evening at St. Charles (in Elburn) and I need to get in a few minutes of DIAMOND MINE before I leave.

Larry Frieders |
    Grandpa's Arms, Inc. |
    http://www.grandpasarms.com |
    340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506 |
    Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm |
    Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114

2. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Larry I downloaded it on the PC, maybe, like you said, it's better on the tablet, or Droid.

Thanks for the tip....mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.