1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Learned something new...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

From the Krieghoff website...

"Calibrated at the factory to achieve a 65% / 35% pattern, the unique adjustable rib allows you to change point-of-impact quickly and conveniently. By altering the height of the rib via a dial at the muzzle you can vary the pattern from flat shooting 50% / 50% to nearly 90% / 10% high. When the desired rib height is reached, and the set screws are tightened, you may alter the height of the adjustable comb of the stock for your preferred sight picture and the gun is ready to go."

I thought you adjusted the stock for the POI and adjusted the rib for the sight picture. So I learned something new.

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Hammer, that particular K-80 moves POI by literally bending the barrel, so it is not typical. Also, moving the comb as that suggests also changes POI.

The way it works in real life is this. You set your comb height for the bead alignment you want. After that you can adjust your POI over a 12" @ 40 yard range just by turning the dial at the front of the rib.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I tried to learn something new once but it was so painful I said never again.

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Some people will always have difficulty with the ease of adjusting impact on the K-80. First establish your preferred sight picture-then adjust the impact to match. The barrel actually bends-you know. Totally simple and light years ahead of the rest!!

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

And when the barrell gets hot the Point of Impact walks, when it cools it comes back, that has been a problem w/some K-80s, depends on the center Bbl pivot point how nuch of a strain is exerted on the Bbl.

Gary Bryant
    DR.longshot

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

So that's why Kay misses a target occasionally-"hot warped barrel syndrome"!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

whykay beads