1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

League Shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by addictedtotrap, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

I live in ELkhart IN and have to drive 20 minutes into MI to shoot league, even then its not realy a leage it just who is there and what games to shoot..

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

That's too bad. At our club, we have successful spring, summer, and fall leagues that regularly bring in over twenty 5-person teams. We shoot 8 weeks for each league.

Kind of far for you to drive though...we're in Kansas.

3. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Our club runs two leagues per year and an informal doubles league through the summer. This years spring league is 35 teams and we shoot 12 weeks.
    Once again it is a long drive for you. Great Falls, MT.

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I'm looking for a league to shoot in as well. I will miss the Pen-Mar League back home.

Rich in Indiana (Fort Wayne)

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Almost every club in Illinois has a league or some type of organized scheduled shoot of some kind.

6. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I have a choice between Tuesday Trap and 5 stand leagues, or Thursday Skeet, 12 week spring and 8 to 10 week summer.

Then a Tri-Combo league in the fall, I like the trap and skeet part, the 5 stand is humbling to say the least.

Come on out to Tucson!

Al L

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

As Barry said, we throw 3 7/8 week leagues a year (singles, doubles and wobble), plus a one-day "handicap" event and a our sliding/Annie "turkey shoot"...

Why not put up a sign up sheet and start a league for yourself and like-minded shooters... They're a bit of effort, but once you get the first one under your belt, the next one comes that much easier! And Yes... you do get to shoot!

Regards all,

Jay

8. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

Don't shoot them anymore, got to costly, our club 12.00 per nite 50 targets, I can drive a few miles to another club and shoot registered for 12.00 per 100.

9. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Leagues are the life blood of the trapshooting world. Not the ATA. The more leagues we have the more registered shooters we will make.

Get involved and form a league.

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Hear Hear!!

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I usually shoot in two Winter Leagues in my area, about an hour away and an hour apart. There are a few more to choose from, but the distance is an issue and there is just so much you can do on a Sunday. If there was more of a choice in the Summer, I might consider those as well. My problem is I work over many weekends, so my time is limited for the ATA shoots. This working thing really gets in the way of having fun.

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Leagues abound in our area. There are several clubs that exist strictly on league shooting.

Ours has 2 trap and one skeet league.

We shoot year round, and have up to 30 teams depending.

HM

13. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I was out to St Joe VCC today and saw they had a sign-up sheet if interested in a summer league. I put my name down but there were only 12 shooters on the list(3trap, 7skeet,2 5-stand). I hope a few more sign up.

Rich (likes league shooting) in Indiana

14. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

We did not get enough interest in a summer league at St Joe VCC. Hopefully we will in the fall.

Rich (miss league shooting) in Indiana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
trap leagues near green bay wi
trap leagues near me

trap shooting leagues in indiana