1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

League question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

What do you think of taking each team's averages to determine their yarages verses if you win two in a row you move back a yard and if you lose two in a row you move up a yard?

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

We have done that in the past too charger, but it does get confusing and then you have the " groups" of shooters who say it is not fair that they have to shoot on the 23-25 yard line when " those guys " are only shooting on the 20!.
    Our solution is keep it simple and shoot 16 &20 yards for all.
    My 2 cents!
    Rooferbob

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The problem with the team average is that the team on the farthest yardline will shoot the highest scores and win all the time. This does not make for good attendance.

The best system that I know is the man/point slider.

Each person on a team shoots against the corresponding post on the other team for a point. there are 5 total points, and that's it. A tie is 1/2 point.

All teams shoot from the 20 the first night. Teams getting 2 & 1/2 points stay where they are, 3 or more move back a yard and 2 or less move up a yard.

There are usually no runaways with this method, and on the last night usually first place is in reach of 2 to 4 teams. There are shootoffs about half the time.

It's gratifying to see all the guys clustered around the posting board interested in what's happening.

If there's a better system I don't know it and I have seen many.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.