1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lead vs. Shot prices

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1881home, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1881home

1881home TS Member

What's the lattest on the lead market and some of the current shot prices? Has anyone heard anything encouraging for the shooters? I'm starting to get down on my shot inventory, and would like to know what the shot prices are in general. Mid-Florida prices were around $42.00 a bag at last check. I appreciate your info.

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Mash the link above and you can research Lead in the historical charts. There is also information available about what the markets are doing. Check the links on the page.

3. iluv2shoot

iluv2shoot TS Member

Check out www.redmanbullets.com on there shot. I think the price is still $31.?? for 25lbs. Haven't checked since the last time bought 200lbs from him.

4. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

It's all Bush's fault that shot isn't $5 per bag and there isn't a chicken in every pot.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Lead is $.92 a pound today. It's been moving up and down quite a bit lately. HMB

6. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Eagle Magnum 34.00/bag

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Magnum shot in Mi $33.00

8. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

SHANNON391 Were in michigan is shot $33.00 a bag?

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Vender from the state shoot. The next close shoot will be the Cardinal classic, I'm sure it will be about the same price there, give or take a few bucks.

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Correction,$31.00 at the Cardinal Classic [Just recieved word from premier supplier].
    Thanks,
    Shannon

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Anyone in Southeast Mi. needs a bag or two, let me know and I'll see if I can find some room on the return trip home.

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Hoosier Daddy- Shot made today by a manufacturer is from lead bought two months ago and delivered 10 days ago.

Someone in the business of distributing shot could order 200 tons toady for delivery in two months. There is a time lag between the daily spot market price of lead and the manufactured price of shot in a retail store.

If you were the purchasing agent for Lawrence shot and you knew that you had to have 1,000 tons of lead delivered each day, would you enter into a 3 month contract for delivery today or wait until Wednesday of this week? Your decision could make a $100,000 difference in company profit. Or would you want to place an order at the daily spot market price and have no idea what the lead will cost? That decision could make a $500,000 difference in profit.

And, if you operated a lead refinery, how would you elect to sell the lead? Fixed contract for 3 months, daily spot market price, spot market price on each Tuesday for all deliveries that week?

Pat Ireland

13. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Hoosier Daddy with a price of $.90 a pound, lead for a bag of shot would cost $22.50. I think you forgot to add in labor costs, antimony cost, shipping costs, packaging costs, graphite cost, etc. HMB

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I think It's possible we could see more reductions in the next couple of months.

15. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Shipping charges add app. $1 to the cost of a bag of shot according to my distributor!!

16. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

THE best I've been able to find out here in Montana is $38 a bag. Dropped off at a shoot from the ONLY vendor we have in the State that visits our Clubs.
    I'd LOVE to pay $32 a bag!!

FN in MT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.