1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lead tape

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capt kirk, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capt kirk

capt kirk TS Member

Where could a person locate lead tape, for added barrel weighting?

2. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

Go to your local hobby shop. Look for one that carries HO RR items. Used to weight railcars. Also any tire shop has it. Cut it to your spec size.

3. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Go to a Golf shop and ask for lead tape it is sticky on one side and very cheap.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Whiz White has just what you need.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

mia_2008_03034.jpg

The SPorts Authority. Burnsville, MN.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have lead tape that I had made in Germany.

I had it made so that it *just* fits under your barrel and wraps up to about half the circumference of the barrel. You can use golf tape, but the problem with that is that it's only half as wide, and you'd need to run two lengths side-by-side, plus you get half the weight. You can easily run multi-layers of my tape with ease.

My tape is held on with a special adhesive which has nearly a nonexistent thickness. It is easily removed with lacquer thinner, acetone, or most any solvent that will not affect the bluing. No, lacquer thinner, nor acetone will affect bluing.

I have it on my own Perazzi's.

I sell it for $7.00/5' and that includes postage. In fact, I lose some on the postage. This tape is similar to what Phil Kiner has with him at his clinics. That's where I got the idea and was lucky in finding a manufacture, albeit in Deutsch land.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.