1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lead Shot Prices !!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by leadvail, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadvail

leadvail Member

Just bought a bag of Westcoast @ Sportsmans Warehouse in Co.Springs for $37.99.
    Last week I bought a couple for $30.99.
    I didn't stock up on it because I thought it would stay @ $30.99 for awhile .
    @#$ %^&& &#!!!

2. famill00

famill00 TS Member

That is outrageous! Buy Rios or Dianas....they will work out to be cheaper!

Forrest

3. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I remember back in october when I called them to check the price and was shocked when it had jumped to 26.95 a bag! I am glad that I will soon be investing in a shotmaker.

4. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

diana's or rios for less than a bag of shot? good luck with that. the price of reloading components and the price of factory ammo are closely linked in terms of the timing of price increases.

do not be surprised when we see shot go to $50 per bag. some places it is already at $40.

5. BMC

BMC Member

I bought two bags of magnum shot yesterday for $26 bucks a bag. Gotta shop around a bit.

6. 682b

682b Member

I, just checked the price of a reloaded box of 1 1/8 oz shells on the calculator and this is what I found. I used the following prices for the calculation of shell cost 83.00 for powder(promo) 105.00 primers 80.00 wads 30.00 shot I think with a little work you can find these components for the prices shown. Well, what do you think of a box of shells for 3.69 or 36.90 a flat. Not bad not great so I think I will drag my son back to Dicks with the 10.00 off coupons.
    I, will save my current components for competition shells and practice with Gun Clubs or whatever cheep promo shell I can find. These loads cost about 2.60 per box. JIM

7. mike b.

mike b. Member

Lead went up 19 cents a lb. in the last month. Now cruising at the $1.23 level. $40 bag will be a bargain. Mandatory .410 anyone??

8. alpine

alpine TS Member

Well I guess my investment of a ton of #8 shot and a ton of #7.5 at $16.00 a bag is looking better and better!

9. mike b.

mike b. Member

Alpine, You're just bragging (think you're doing better on Lead than I did on Silver!!)..are you still in San Diego? Haven't seen you at P2K for 2 weeks.

10. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Down to my last bag of shot and it looks like reloading will go into suspension for the foreseeable future. I really enjoy reloading and know my 1oz. loads work very well indeed, but, for the time and effort there needs to be a reward, like lower costs. Oh well....

11. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I don't see how lead can be worth so much, people considered it worhtless and just threw it away before, now its like gold. However, I am confident that prices will come down in the future, lead is being used in less and less things and eventually it will probably be phased out of car batteries.

12. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

chances of seeing lead phased out of batteries...in countries like china are a loooong ways off. And even longer before you see lead phased out of military ammo.

13. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Even if lead is not phased out of batteries any time soon, which I agree that it probably won't be, I think the price will come down within the next couple years. Prices were up like this once before and came down and surely they will come down again.

14. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dont hold your breath.

15. alpine

alpine TS Member

Mike B. : Back in Idaho for a couple of weeks. I will be heading back down there by the middle of July. I'll see you there at P2K!

16. gold40

gold40 Member

Lead shot is $29.95 a bag at GRAF's in St. Charles, MO this week.

17. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

next batch of lead is per order only wont see until end of august if you want it 38.00 per bag,,,,no choice on shot brand or type just size. I just started reloading now im going to use up what i got and buy shells when i can.

18. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

We can't even find lead for sale any more, and when we do, it is $30.00 a bag!

19. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

A lot of places aren't even ordering it because its too expensive and they would have to sell it for too much.

20. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

If you think lead prices are going down anytime soon take a look at this 5 year chart.

In 5 years its gone from about $.20 per pound to about $1.30 right about now and the trend is upwards.

Ouch!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.