1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lead shot Prices

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Clay Bird Duster, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clay Bird Duster

Clay Bird Duster TS Member

What is the deal with the price of shot? I am a avid ATA shooter plus derby's and such, but the price of shooting is about to run me out. Anyone got a line on some shot at decent prices? I've shot some home made shot not really wanting to go that direction.

2. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Not being smart.but I would think Uncle Sam has a high demand for lead.
    I would just like to have what they shoot in training here in the States.
    I would hate to guess what is going overseas.

A while back I heard China was opening two new lead mines.
    Has anyone else heard this?

Bo

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Hey Bocephas !!!....Don't blame me !! My demand for lead might be higher than some but I'm only one shooter !! Cut me a break !!......Uncle Sam, Pa.

4. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

The Discovery Channel had a program on Lead Mining. But here in the good old USA something like 65% of all our lead is recycled, mostly from old car batteries.
    We still mine some, but not anything near our required yearly supply.
    I'm still finding Remington STS Magnum shot for $26/bag.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The chances of that happening are slim and none. HMB

6. BATTLIN MINER

BATTLIN MINER TS Member

When I was a young man in the early sixtys , my elderly Aunt came to visit about twice a year. She was a very nice person and when she was ready to leave she would call my brother and me, give us a big red lipstick kiss on the cheek and a big silver dollar. We thought it was gold ! I don't know what shot cost back then but today a silver dollar dollar cost 12.00+ dollars. Sometimes things are not as bad as they seem. J Lucas.

7. dogsitter

dogsitter TS Member

I was just at gander mtn. shot is 34.95.

8. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

The lead spectulators have bought much of the lead on market( except for the military) figureing to cash in on all the new hybrid car batteries that they thought was going to be made over I Tywain, Cambodia and many of the Asian countries. Well that has not quite happened like they wanted. The economy has been going to pot along with China is becomming one of the woulds largest producers of lead. China's inflation is starting to get out of control and they can't seem to get it in check. They are buying oil for South American, African, and other countries that we won't buy from because the don't give a damn about humane rights. These countries they are getting the old for about 19 to 22.00 a barrel. They have made many deals already with these countries. But with there economy going to hell they have to start producing things cheaper with pay cuts to and longer hours just to maintain cost.
    It won't be long before you will see lead prices comming down and the only ones that might and I say might make any money is the speculators that are caught with their supplies full. They are going to need to get rid of it fast because the car market is going down the drain. When I see the Auto Industry trying to tell the public a Altma ( think it was) new Hybrid of the expensive make getting 25 intown and 28 miles highway is good I don't know who their fooling but not me.

They way things are going these guys are going to need to get the lead out of their ass quick. Within the next 6 months at least or they will be looking for someone just to take it off their hands.

The lead has started to reach the shotmakers of the Big co. but Rem. And Win. are keeping that low keyed.

9. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Bo, While searching the web about the lead market recently I read a brief comment about two lead mines ready to come on line in China. It wasn't known how much that would change the market because Chinese
    demand is expected to grow considerably next year. If we are lucky the price may level off a little but I don't expect any real drop from what I read. I would rather pay high prices than see a Chinese recession because we will go down with them.

10. teleskier

teleskier Member

We recently purchased 20 bags for $19 a bag. And no its not reclaimed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.