1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lead Shot Prices how far will it go????????

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by jaeger18, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaeger18

jaeger18 Member

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0

Anyone care to speculate how high the price of lead shot is gonna go to?

Right now my guy has it at $40.00 per bag. Do you think it will drop back to a reasonable price say $25.00 when things level out?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The supply of lead is at a five year high. That means the price will be coming down. Right???? HMB

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

0   0   0

It should be 60 cents / lb., but is over $1.20 / lb. based on the supply side. Some super rich dudes are playing with commodities. Oil is in an over supply position as well and look at the price of oil and gas. Bill Malcolm

4. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Gasoline consumption is down again too, but that correlation isn’t going very well either…

5. perga1

perga1 Active Member

0   0   0

You are overlooking what has happened to the value of the dollar with the Obama printing presses running 24/7. The dollar has to regain it's value on the world market before we see a drop in price of just about anything; unless there is a glut in the supply of a product or commodity.JRM

6. jaeger18

jaeger18 Member

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0

My guy said another $4.00 increase May 1st and then another around July 1st. Said its gonna be right at $50.00 by July............

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

Yes, we are set for extreme inflation. Japan shutting down is also going to effect frail global economies. Oil prices, food prices, ect...

8. wm rike

wm rike Member

0   0   0

I can't speak to the lead market, but as regards oil the global market is up about 2% compared to a year ago. That's huge. Huge. Depending on which week you check, usage of motor fuel in this country is up 1-2% from a year ago, so there's no downward pressure there. On the other hand, natural gas is about as close to a glut as we are likely to see, which is why prices have remained so low for the last several years.

Hmm. I was talking to a soda ash supplier (water treatment) yesterday and he said that if one doesn't have a line on soda sewed up now, they are likely to be left out in the cold. About a third of our domestic product is going to China for glass production. Maybe that is sapping some of the lead off the market.

9. shootnair

shootnair Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

No, you just as well forget about $25 per bag lead.

10. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

$4.00 gas and $40.00 shot.<BR>
    $5.00 gas and $50.00 shot.

That relationship seems to be holding - unfortunately.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

11. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Sun Nova Beach! Guess I'd best start shooting .410.....

12. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

0   0   0

Chris, if say silver goes to 80 bucks an oz you can expect to see lead about double from todays price. But, the good news is as it gets ridiculous you'll see people working deals to mine the shot already laying on trap ranges. Waiting 3 more years to mine your clubs range is silly if lead goes to 45 a bag. Expect the lead miners business to go crazy in the near future. And expect the range owners to profit as well with reclaimed shot. Pretty soon the club is going to be paying ME to shoot there! LOL Jim

13. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Nope lead going up like everything else. I expect new shells to average $8.00 a box across the board.

14. MACH4RANDY

MACH4RANDY Member

0   0   0

Just ordered 3300# from lead miner yesterday. I am set for a while.

15. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Remember when you finish shooting for the day, to go down range and get your lead. It's your lead and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. HMB

16. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

0   0   0

We had our club mined a year ago, and we were happy with the results. We had an option to keep some of the mined lead, but chose the cash instead.

With that said, I noticed many small rocks in the lead as being placed in the barrels......now I don't mean a truck load, but several within sight about .125 in diameter, or smaller.

For those who shoot re-claimed shot, and from another thread that has it for sale, what do you do about the small rocks in the lead?

I have heard both sides of the argument that the lead stays within the wad cup until exiting the barrel.

Now, I know that I have cleaned plastic from the wads from the very end of the barrel before, but is the shot always in the wad cup as it exits?

It may be a great deal right now at $1.10 per pound ($27.50 per bag), plus shipping, but could this possibly damage a fine gun or choke tube? I don't know, and hope not, just asking!

I am all for saving money, and as said, this is a pretty good price right now, but what are your thoughts on the small rocks, or is it even an issue with you?

As far as the price of new shot, and what it may reach, I believe it is like gasoline,whereas the media, and those speculating will tell us it may reach $XX.XX by the summer, so we are expecting it to raise. When it does, we grit our teeth and pay-up, or start looking for alternative methods of saving money.

Food for thought

Danny

17. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Why buy reclaimed shot at these prices when you can buy new shells for $4.99 a box with NO TAX. It just doesn't pencil!!

18. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

0   0   0

There shouldn't be any rocks in reclaim that is being sold for shooting. It isn't difficult to get the rocks out. If it's just being sent to be re-dropped a certain amount might be acceptable. I don't know. I've shot a ton of reclaim and never seen a rock.

19. shootnair

shootnair Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You need to resharpen your pencil!

20. mike2010

mike2010 TS Member

0   0   0

my distributor says $50.00 this summer,gw bush started all this shit and now were paying for it.have not seen one drop of oil to pay for the war,national dept went up 4-6 trillion dollars under the young bush and nothing to show for it but more dept. the US needs to quit worrying about everybody else and start taking care of HOME first

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.