1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lead recovery help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tinker, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinker

tinker TS Member

i am looking to find the name or mfg of the equipment used to separate the dirt from the lead any info would help

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

What form is the lead- shot, weights? Lead can be washed in a large pan but the best cleaning comes after the lead is melted. The dirt will come to the surface and can be skimmed off.

Pat Ireland

3. tinker

tinker TS Member

we are thinking about reclaining our own shot from our trap fields what type of mach is needed need the name of mfg of mach

4. jbrucejr

jbrucejr Member

One thing that you really need to consider are the safety issues of dealing with the lead. I would not expose myself to it, and I for sure would not get club members involved.

The dust that comes off of the seperators has enough lead and lead compounds in it to be a BIG issue. If you do start on this on your own, PLEASE - go to the doctor and have them test the lead level in your blood - then do it again when you are done. Getting the lead out of your system is not simple and can take years. I recently talked to a person who worked for a company that does lead recovery - his lead level went from normal to dangerous in 6 months. When his lead tests cam back they were sent to the center for disease control because they were so high - the CDC wanted to know how the lead got into his system - they wanted to be sure others were not in the same situation (they want to be sure it is not in the water or food supply).

JB

5. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Here you go! http://mcneeleyenterprises.com/page.php?5
    you may want to check the soil type you have before you get one, I talked with a guy who has one and it doesnt work really good in moist soils..

6. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

Tinker, call or write me with your lead recovery questions. Mike McNeeley

7. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

Tinker:

You have a PM.........

8. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

call lynn gipson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.