1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lead Reclamation?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sam (ATA Noobie), Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Howdy All:

Taking a course on Starting your own business. (Not planning to do this) but I'm setting up a mock reclamation business and I have a few questions (Google didn't turn up much).

1. When they sell reclaimed shot back to the club, what rates are you paying?
    2. Are they the ones who bag/sell the reclaimed shot, or does that go to a 3rd party?
    3. Approx. how many medium-large shooting ranges are there on the East Coast?
    4. How does pricing work with the reclamation company?

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

Sam

2. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

sam,

hit the link above. Bill's a good guy and will probably be willing to answer your questions. I think he is down at Robinson Ranch right now.

Tom

3. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

A very knowledgeable person I have found is Garland Sears of Sears shooting supply in Oklahoma. Gene (his dad) was a great trap shooter and today the runs a shooting supply and Garland runs the lead reclaimation side of the business. Sears was doing the clean up at the old national ATA site in Vandalia Ohio. I found Garland very knowledgeable and helpful. Omaha

4. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Thanks for all the help, fellas! I went ahead and put together my business plan.

Is there anybody doing this on the East coast? I bet there's a gold mine sitting in the larger ranges outside of our major cities.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Problem with East coast, most ranges are heavy brush and trees in fall zone 2nd high acidic soil shot actually degrades quicker than you think. Possible new ranges might build with design to reclaim. I have had a bit of success hand dredging and sifting shot. For about 6hrs of labor I got about 150lbs. sitting in a bucket waiting to be sorted or what ever? Not fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sears lead reclamation