1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lead reclamation smaller scale...Moe Braggs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by himark, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I seen his machine in the Trapshooters magazine. It looks like a small version for club use. I have looked online for more info and nothing. Anybody know much about it? how many pounds per hour etc?

2. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You say "his machine" who is his? I have a feeling you arw maybe talking about Mike McNeely out of arizona. If so he will check out your thread as he is on here occasionally. Terry

3. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

If you have sand, it will work. If you don't, it won't.

Dick Gries

4. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Cuban, if it was the machine built by Mike M. that you saw then it would be the same as the one that mined Tucson Trap & Skeet. Pretty big job for a machine that is "non productive and useless" isn't it. You wouldn't be a competitor of some sort would you?

jim brown

5. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

Not me guys, although our Mini-miner is being used successfully in many different parts of the country. We are not building the small version anymore. My son Patrick and I are only making big miners, one of which has been rented to a large club in MN where they have been mining a SWAMP (mr gries)this season. We will have machines for rent next summer. Best of luck to Moe Bragg! Mike McNeeley

6. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

With all due respect, Mike. I visited Del-Tone/Luth GC in MN. in early july on my way to the MN. state shoot. Talked to the fellow mining the lead. He had been there since early spring. He was working on a pile of soil 200+- yards long about 30 ft. wide at the base and 15-20 ft. high at the peak. Roughly 9000-11000 cubic yards of soil. He had processed less than 5% of the pile to that point. At somebody's great expense, the soil had been removed in the dead of winter from the shot-fall area using a tracked excavator and dump trucks. The soil comes from a lowlands, marshy area. Rarely dry. This fellow will be there at least another year to the likely chagrin of the club manager and annoyance to the shooters. I am not criticizing your product, works great in the right kind of soil that is perfectly dry. But here in the midwest, and many parts of the south, it's called clay.........

Dick Gries

7. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

100,000 plus lbs of clean lead gleened from the 5% of frozen ooze. Shooters may be upset but the EPA and county are not. I agree that it is a big job with whatever equipment you use, also it kept raining.... Please phone me and I will share details if need be. Mike 520 820-4910

8. Joen

Joen Member

Is there a wedsite for this machine to take a look at it? If so please post Thanks

9. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Looks interesting. Interesting enough I would like to see a few youtubes of it working, a website etc. etc. As for "whos it is" I only can say the ad has Moe Braggs # listed first and on other sites he refers to it as his project. If you have more info lead miner please feel free to share.

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I saw the lead reclaim being done at the Route 13 gun club Known as Charlies, the guy that has this operation is out of Georgia and the guy doing it is out of Pennsylvania, they rented the reclaimer, Bull dozer and track hoe and used Charlies tractor and disc as it rained and 2 -3 feet of water covered the mining area for a day or two, And they had buy Lime to scatter over the area to speed up the drying,was supposed to be done in Two weeks but it took almost 2 months due to weather, they got around 90 tons of lead, it had never been mined before w/over 40+ years shooting. The rental on this equipment was not cheap. When they finished up at Charlies they went to Point Pleasant WVA and did a job where they shot into a hillside and it was a lot easier and more productive lead reclain, they scraped down the hill side.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Mr. Longshot how many traps was that club using over those 40 years (ball park)??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.