1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lead reclaimers split

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JB Logan Co. Ohio, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I recieved a sample contract with a potential lead reclaimer that is not what I expected. I saw a posting here earlier that the typical split with the reclaimer to the club at 60-40. 60% to the reclaimer amd 40% to the club. Is it anyone's ACTUAL experience that the costs of reclaimation are borne by the reclaimer (thus the 60% bigger half)? I would like the personal experience(s) that clubs have gone through during your lead reclaimation. Thanks in advance.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Jerry, We had ours mined this summer in Oregon. The miner handled all the associated expenses and we got 40% of the mined shot. We then sold our share to him at $.55 a pound. He mined a total 40 tons of shot. You do the math. Nice chunk of change toward our next project at the club. Mark

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I was quoted 66/33, club gets the little part.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

A lot depends on the market price of lead. Usually the best split you can get is 50/50. HMB

5. DB3006

DB3006 Member

Our club is being mined right now. The split is 70/30 up to 100 ton then it goes to 60/40.

Dave

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

$.55 a pound was at peak market price. The cost of lead is substantially down right now. The local scrapper is paying only 20 cents a pound right now for pure lead. 6 months ago he was giving closer to 40 cents. That works for me as it substantially lowers the cost of raw materials for making shot!!! Mining always works out well for the clubs. Sometimes it just works out really well!

Jeff

7. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

We contracted to have ours mined, and it will be as soon as they get out of Elysburg. The preliminary contract they proposed was 60/40 for the first 100 tons, the 55/45 after that. The final contract is for a 55/45 split, with 45% to the club.

8. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

zzt- Who is doing the mining? PM me if you prefer. Thanks.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lead reclaimer

lead reclaimers in pa

lead shot reclaimers