1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lead reclaimed shot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PAK, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAK

PAK Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Does anyone know about reclaiming shot from a trap field? How effective are they? Can it be reclaimed(make like new), cost and any other facts. Maybe a web site to go to.

Thank You

2. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

triple H gun club in Indiana did this past yr. know several guys that bought their shot,said its great for 16's and Doubles....
  3. kallen

kallen TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I just bought 2 bags of reclaimed shot and see a lot of them have flat spots. It will be interesting how they pattern on paper but for $20.
  4. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

Jan 2, 2008
    Shot reclaiming, shot for sale http://mcneeley5.googlepages.com
    The flat spots happen as the shot is exiting the barrel, shot on shot. Mike
  5. Earl4140

Earl4140 TS Member

Aug 8, 2007
    The Oak Ridge, TN shooters went to a club in Indiana for reclaimed shot. They are pleased with the shot's performance at Trap, both Singles and 27 yard Handicap. They bought all the various vehicles could carry.

The Club owner harvests his shot with a Back Hoe. He uses screens, fans et al in his process. He balked at the commercial recovery split of only 1/3 of the proceeds for the Club. Earl Hamman

PS We have covered this subject in the last 6 months.
  6. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Aug 27, 2007
    I bought a metric ton of reclaimed shot this fall from a club nearby. Yes, there are a lot of less-than-perfect pellets in it. But golf balls are intentionally dimpled to assure straight flight, aren't they? And the stuff is actually lighter per drop than the new shot I have (to the tune of about 15 pellets-worth of weight in a 1 1/8 oz drop so it's harder than the new stuff I buy. And for 87ยข a pound it works perfectly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

reclaim lead from trap field

trap field sho reclaim