1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lead reclaim test

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Was at the club picking up some shells, thought i might get some reclaimed lead shot. @ gallon bucket walk out to shot zone. pickup top layer buy hand filled bucket. Came home useing a flower pot with holes rough sifted. Then useing a cardboard box with hole cut in corner I quick sifted again. got just under 1lb. Total work time about 15min. Now if you rig a sifter to go over a bucket and fine tune your needs. I think a few times a year a good solid day you should be able to get quit a bit, surprised how round alot of the shot is. The final cleaning seems to be the tough part. I plan on smelting.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Watch out for lead dust doing this work. It could turn out to be cheaper to buy shot at $33 a bag.

Pat Ireland

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Yes definatly. Have a resporator rated for lead and asbestos removal. Rated for dust and vapor. wasnt cheap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.