1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LEAD PRICES TODAY- get the lead out

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BT-100dc, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Today, November 1st lead prices hit $0.9710 per pound. $24.28 lead value in a 25 lb. bag of shot. Maybe it's a "new normal" as with $3.40 gas prices and 8% unemployment. Any distributors out there who has as an insight as pertaining to shell prices and shot prices? BT100dc

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

3. lel4866

lel4866 Member

I don't know when "U.S. Dollar Hits Three-Year Low Against Other Currencies" got there numbers, but it says "The euro was up 0.6 percent at $1.4605". That was an Oct 2010 number.

The US Dollar is much stronger today..$1.2947 which is about as strong as it's been in the last 5 years.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=EURUSD%3DX+Interactive#symbol=;range=5y;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

4. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I would bet if you bought a ton of shot today you would be happy you did it in a year.I can't think of the last time I bought a large quantity of any component that it wasn't the right thing to do.

Darr

5. revbook

revbook Member

If you bought a large quantity of primers 2 years ago you would be crying about it now. Cheddites at $26.50/brick now.

Don in PA

6. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

It usually drops in price at the start of the week. Bill Malcolm

7. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

I just bought a ton of West Coast Magnun it was $37.25 a bag buying a ton where they make it in Granite City Illinois,I buy it from Sunset Distribusters in Iowa,Save $90.00 If I pick up at the factory.Theu make Lawrece Magnun too. Also chill shot,there is a diffence in west coast and Lawrece west coast is more polished and goes through the loader better,I am going to see how much cheaper is the chilled shot,Granite City is 35 miles from my Gun Club.If any Gun Club is near me I can get part of a ton and I would take more.Last year I bought a ton one week and the price dropped a $1.50 a bag a week later. If I can help any gun club close to me email me.I talked to the workers there they make 60 to 90 thosand pounds a day and bag it.I know they are selling it on a regular basis.I am located 40 miles from St.Louis Missouri.Dan Dainer owner of Drainers Gun Club I have a derby on wed. night 4pm to 930 pm 11 dollars targets 2 dollars lewis 2 dollars total 1 dollar drawing 1 dollar building pot for 3 time win 17 dollars for derby, Last 2 guys won it won 250 for 1 and 270 the other,cell 618-535-1692 I also have a 2nd drawing for a door prize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.