1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lead Prices, Oil Prices - Falling US Dollar

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Chip, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chip

Chip TS Member

The rocketing price of lead (and other commodities) and oil is usually blamed on increasing demand from China and India. Is that really what is going on? Are the Chinese and Indian's as a whole richer than we are and can continue to grow their economies with such prices? Lead is up, Oil is up, Soybeans, Corn etc. Seems to me there is a coorelation between rising prices of commodities and oil and the shrinking value of the dollar. It's a complicated mix, but I don't think competition from Asia is driving the value of these up as much as it is the US Dollar buys less. Also, with the US Dollar buying less, is not inflation. Regardless of that the government reports say, what is the real inflation rate for all of us? How much more do we pay in property taxs each year, gasoline, natural gas, fuel oil, groceries?. I would suspect the bulk of most peoples personal budgets is spent on keeping a roof over their head, transportation and food. I suspect if everyone did a personal analysis they would find the inflation of supporting their life is much high than government calculations.

I for one do not think the price of lead or oil is going to come down or even stabilize until the US dollar stops shrinking.

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Chip: You just figured that out?

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I know oil and gold are traded world wide in US dollars so that certainly is true about those two, but I don't know about other commodities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.