1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lead prices, maybe it's not so bad

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mrskeet410, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Shot prices will result in me cutting back some. I'll probably keep the core tournaments, but cut back other places, e.g. small shoots, practice, and the social shooting. The social shooting for me is the relaxing twilight targets at the local trap club, and some local sporting. I'll also replace a nice shoot that requires a couple nights in a motel with nice shoot I can drive to.

But I've also realized this might not be as bad as I first thought. I usually buy 10 bags of shot each spring. That pretty much gets me through a year. If shot goes up $10 bucks a bag, that's $100 a year. $20/bag and it's an extra $200/year. I guess I'll be able to cope. I hope.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Thats right. May cost $400 a year more if you shoot 20 bags a year. It's not as bad as you think. This isn't and never will be a cheap sport. Put in some OT or skip a shoot, and you've saved the diff.

3. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

I might cut back a little (very little) in practice, but not registered birds!

4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Shot here is already up $20.00 a bag and still rising. No ceiling seen for the near future. Ray.......

5. Maner

Maner TS Member

I think it is going to affect the overall attendance of all shotgun
    competitions.The higher gas prices also come into play.

6. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Maner - I'm afraid you are correct. And it will affect newbies coming in.

7. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

It'll take a year or so for the lead prices to really hit because the manufacturers have a certain amount in reserve and probably prices fixed for a while but when they do, your car battery that is $60 now might be $350-$450 in a year or so. Lead goes up by a factor of 8x, the price will be passed along eventually. When that happens, if you have a golf cart...good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.