1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

LEAD PRICES (crazy)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1166, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1166

1166 Member

March 18/11 I saw lawrence shot @Bass pro in ontario, canada for $79.95 + 13% h.s.t. = 90.34 out the door.What the HELL is this. My opinion is we should BOYCOTT all these type of stores that try to exployt and not buy anything from them.

2. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Dont worry...its just Bass Pro. Same 3 bags of shot have been in my Bass Pro since they opened 5 years ago. $54.95

3. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

You mean ASS PRO. They try to give it to you in the end.

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"My opinion is we should BOYCOTT all these type of stores that try to exployt and not buy anything from them."</i></blockquote>They wouldn't even notice!

MK

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Well just bought the last 2 bags of shot my supplier had at the old price. He always sells the stuff to me at cost. He only charges me sales tax. Had to settle for 8 1/2's. $30.25/bag. Can't bitch about shot size. He said the next bags are $37/bag. I have enough loaded shells to last me and my boy roughly half the year. Keeping my fingers crossed that shot will go down before i run out.

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

In this crazy market it looks like the only way to go is to stock up when it goes down. You are probably much better off with your money in lead than in the bank.

Jim Skeel

skeeljc_2008_03036.jpg

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I brought up the use of steel shot at our club. It was explained to me that
    if you shoot steel shot and you have unmined lead shot on the grounds, removing the steel shot substantially increases the mining cost.
    If lead goes sky high, 7/8 ounce loads would seem to be a better alternative.

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

That trend line is definitely up.

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Price of lead today is $1.24 a pound. HMB

10. rsk0125

rsk0125 Member

I'm thinking about making my own shot. I've read a little about the Littleton unit and the Jim Stewards unit. Where can you get a price on the Jim Stewards unit, can't find it anywhere. From what I have read, it seems to be the better of the two...

Please advise,

Thc

11. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Anyone care to post the link for the guy who made that slick shot making machine? He posted it here about 4 months ago or so. If you ask me every club should be involved in owning one, or having the services of one for they're scrap lead. Jim

12. rsk0125

rsk0125 Member

Anyone out there know how I can find where I might buy a Jim Stewards shot maker?

Roger

13. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Chipmaker is the one with the shot making set up.

Bryan

14. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

Rsk0125

Jim Stewart's web site.

http://www.thebettershotmaker.org/

15. shooterb

shooterb TS Member

I'am paying $28.00 per bag here in NorCal. but I'am paying $4.00+ per gal. of gas. Lowlead or nolead . TIM

16. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Just bought 150 pounds at $35 a bag at CAC in Ebensburg PA. Everyone talks about a boycott, etc. heck, I am just gonna buy new stuff if it gets bad. I only reload to save some money and I do enjoy it, but soon (I think about $40 a bag) will likely break the utility equation to where I will just buy new stuff and spend my time doing something else. The key is to not buy shot at the big box stores, I like to check their prices just to giggle but really only hit them about once a year and that is usually for something specific. Order in bulk and through your local clubs!

17. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Made 600# last night....cost me 13.00 for beer and 5.20 for a burger;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.