1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

****Lead Poised to Tumble???****

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

An interseting article from Bloomberg.com. The link was provided by the latest LRSTC News Letter (Loch Raven Skeet & Trap Center, Md.)

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=email_en&refer=&sid=aqLgXFtUkXX0

I'm in the midst of buying 30 flats of Estates @ $44.00 ea. Just my luck prices will plunge before I get them all shot up. Lets hope!

Guy Babin

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

guy,

i wouldn't get too nervous over your purchase. what "lead" is still in the "pipeline" will still be expensive for quite a while.if the price continues to drop, then the price will, or SHOULD, come down when the cheaper lead enters the "pipeline".

i hope that i explained this clearly, as i sometimes even confuse myself.

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

So much for a celebration. Frank c--you really know how to cheer a guy up!

Clearly a moving target.

Ain't us trap shooters 'esposed ta like movin' targets????

Guy

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

Just bought another 10 flats of TG's (Top Guns)at $40 ea. to go with the 45-50 I have from earlier purchases.

I have 70-80 bags of shot acquired last year - so I hope I can wait it out.

These high lead prices are not sustainable over the long haul. We are at least 65% higher than last year and, unless production capacity is cut, prices will come down. If prices do not come down, once "marginal" mines will be profitable and supply will increase.

It may be a simplistic view but I will keep my purchases to finding good buys - like those TG's above. I will stock back up on shot once prices drop back to under $30/bag.

Don

PS Now is the time to invest in used high end shotshell reloaders that are sitting idle.

5. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

Lead is at a all time high, do you really think Big Business is going to let it come down? They will just stop mining it. This will keep the prices up for awhile, just like the oil companies. They drill wells and cap them, can't pull to much oil on the market, prices might come down.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I cannot believe that lead and copper are at about the same price per metric ton in the Metals quotes.

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Copper plated shot is legal in sporting. If lead shot and copper plated end up being close to the same, I know what I'll be loading!

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.