1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

lead in stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nascarfan888, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nascarfan888

nascarfan888 TS Member

Hey guys I recently put lead in my Beretta 687 sporting stock. There was not much room because I have a graco recoil reduction on it taking up alot of space inside the stock. I used 1/2 copper and then caped it off and duct taped it. The amount of weight I add to it is a little more then a shell do you think this will help reduce recoil and face slap?

2. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Adding weight does help reduce felt recoil. An ounce and 1/8th ain't much though.

Hap

3. leadvail

leadvail Member

My 682sge that I use for dbls hole was 7/8" by 7 and I used a 1/2 copper pipe and molten lead for a weight of 1.5 lbs and it made alot of difference! Standard loads are a pain still for boom/ boom and I would use a pfs like I got for my wifes, but 1 oz are just a nudge and I use those for doubles anyway. I think any extra is helping, no matter how little. Like hap said, ain"t much though. But, just look at those that use tape wheel weights between the barrels. Bob

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

To get rid of the face slap adjust the pitch of the gun. Put a couple washers on the top butt pad screw between the pad and the plate. HMB

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Just did same to my gun and got an additional 4 tenths of a pound. Looking forward to seeing how it feels.

Weight, pitch and lighter/slower loads are your friends.

6. bubba68

bubba68 Member

+1 to HMB - face slap is caused by something else, most likely pitch of the recoil pad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.