1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lead Going UP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeeljc, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I believe we saw the bottom in lead at $0.40 per pound in December 2008. I looked at the history of lead price compared to crude oil and they track way too well. Lead peaked at $1.80 per pound in October 2007 while Brent crude did not peak until July 2008 at $145 per barrel. Right now Brent crude is a little ahead of lead at $0.74 per pound for lead and $68 for Brent crude.

I hope everyone has stocked up. Don't be too eager to sell your shotmaker.

If Goldman Sachs is correct on their crude oil forecast of $85 by year end we are probably going to see $1.00 lead soon.

Jim Skeel

2. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Has a lot to do with the value of the dollar just like all commodities. bammy keeps printing money and really pisses off the chinese we will see higher prices yet.

3. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Gas is also going up. Once inflation, cap & trade, and the VAT (Value Added Tax) gets here, you will be pushing the envelope even more. Buy a few bags at a time and it will even out the costs over time. BT-100dc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.