1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lead from Billl Dawn

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

i saw a post today where he just sent out 4 orders,i think on monday

bill

2. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

I have e-mailed Bill and got an answer yesterday.
    He said he had a problem with the post office, talked to the Postmster general. He said he worked out that he could ship only 3 boxes a aday. He also said he is working hard to catch up. Lets give him a chance, this is a side business for him,not full time. I just think we have to be patient. I have 4 bags on order.
    GAZ

3. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

4. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I doubt that he talked to the Postmaster General whose name is Jack Potter. There is only one Postmaster General. Secondly, if the post office is refusing to accept mail based on the number of pieces per day, he should contact the Postal Inspection Service or the Office of the Inspector General as that would be a violation of postal regulations.

Or maybe he is just making the post office the scapegoat.

Bob

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

I guess one of the orders sent this week wasn't mine after all,last i heard as well was ,it's in the van ready to be mailed and this was almost 2 weeks ago. an update would be nice.

Bill

6. 686

686 TS Member

is his shot $25,00 per 25 lbs. plus shipping ? if so he is giving you a good deal because he can sell the raw lead all day for $1.00 per lb. on ebay with out making the shot.

7. nipper

nipper TS Member

Being a great deal cant be debated here.

Bill

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I jumped all over this when it first came out back before thanks giving. Between shipping to Bill, Bill melting down and making shot then graphite pack and ship was 7 weeks. Now for me that was reasonable. As far as the post office. I had a few problems with the flat rate boxes loaded to the limit. My delivery man, who is in a truck does not delivery to my house. I have to pick up at post office. For me that's a pain in the ass. For the price the shot cost me i deal with it. So far bill has answered all my emails, takes a few days but always returned. Also 3 of the post office are always out of the flat rate boxes, so yes I have had some problems with the post office. Now as far as buying the shot out right depending on the amount of orders ahead of you, there is going to be some delay. Sent in payment around time of shipping problems, then backed up that much more. I have seen no other shot makers try to do this, Why because it aint easy. I was a shot maker shy of making my own shot, Bills deal is worth the wait. So hang in there.

9. nipper

nipper TS Member

I order my flat rate boxes from usps.com and they are delivered to my door.

Bill

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Didnt know you could do that! None of the tellers ever metioned that either, I would emagine to avoid doing anymore work.

11. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nipper Id ask for a refund. Ive ordered shot from Bill and I'm OK with waiting like 1911 said. If it was easy to do we would be making our own. Dave

12. nipper

nipper TS Member

I dont care when i recieve my shot from bill,i dont want a refund either,i can wait. i send him my empty shot bags. so if it appread i was unset,i am not.

If the post office happens to have priority mail boxes,you are just lucky,they are not reguired to stock them,you are supposed to order them from usps.com,they also ust to supply the tape but dont any longer.

Bill

13. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Nipper, shouldnt the tellers be required to tell you that? I found one women teller that I try to deal with all the time, No BS does her job A1 and wears her uniform.

14. nipper

nipper TS Member

Before i discovered where to order them,clerks told me they were not required to stock them.

Bill

15. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Quit sending him e-mails all the time and maybe he'll find time to make shot and ship it!

16. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

when did you send him payment, what method did you send it, what type of payment method did you use. If you sent it snail mail 4 to 9 days, personal check 7 to 10 days to clear so where talking just 2 weeks for payment. Plus depending how many ahead of you. Bill never mentioned to me how long it will take just emailed when he was shipping it out.

17. nipper

nipper TS Member

I sent an instant payment via paypal jan. 5th,payment cleared as soon as sent.

Bill

18. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

nip, next 2 weeks most likely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.