1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lead Free

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

Seems like this will be nationwide before long.

Bill

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

It might be helpfull to relieve the demand for lead thus driving down the inflated prices.

3. samme_no2

samme_no2 Member

That would be great for lead users, the prices may come down. I read in the paper that they are starting to make lead free batteries for cars too. Maybe the future isnt so bleak after all. Harry

4. clays

clays TS Member

I know it sounds good, but after they get lead out of car wheels and batteries. How long do you think it will be before they make the same efforts to take the lead out of ammunition which will include all shotguns, rifles and handguns?????

Just a thought.

Clays

5. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Inflated price ????? This is still a free market economy????Supply and demand determine the price...

6. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

at their figures ive been looking in the wrong places for my wheel weights,all i need to do to find metric tons is walk down the street,go figure,mark

7. jlslee

jlslee TS Member

would anyone know of contact for #7 steel trap shot buy the barrel 2k

8. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

they have tried in cal. and are trying an end around in Mass.to ban lead by trying to ban or regulate "toxic" chemicals...

9. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear NJ BOB,
    Supply & Demand market??? You need two suppliers of lead shot before the economic principle will work. Their is only one shot supplier left in the US.....Metalico.....Eagle shot is from Peru. The War has begun and we are in the middle. Law.(Metallico) shot was 48/dealer cost last week. Eagle was approx. 33. I vote for the offshore suppier, Eagle. ...Jet Boat Bill

10. dennis toews

dennis toews Member

Unfortunately I believe China is buying all the lead they can get their hands on, don't think we will see lower lead prices, only higher

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

ok lead free wheel weights, lead free battery? How does this lower the price. Loosing 2 major markets, need to make their proffits. geez even the military is going lead free, another huge market going. theres nothing to stop the increasing prices! what we need is increasing paychecks....I have not had a raise in 6 years, its get what I get or loose it to some one half my age at half my salery????? what to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.