1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Lead for Sale; Useful???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chango2, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I was surfing around in Craig's List and found this. Maybe a useful lead for somebody who makes shot at home:

Ton and a Half of Solid LEAD - $60 (sonoma)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: sale-rnh8u-1070384080@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-03-11, 11:13AM PDT

I have 2 sailboat ballasts/keels that I am now offering for sale. They look to be about a ton and a half, total. I will weigh them properly prior to agreeing on a price. On is larger than the other, around a ton, and the other appears to be about half that size. They are both clean.

Metal sellers are charging around a buck a pound and I'm asking 60 cents for the same pound.

I can Deliver them, and my truck is a dump, so I can off load at your location.

Let me know if you are interested in either or both of them.

There it is.

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

PS...it was in the SF area of Craig's List.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Not a good deal. soft lead is available in lots of metal salvage places for less. Needs to have antimony added to make shot or bullets.

Wheel weights is best. In fact you can put half Wheel weight and half soft and still make good shot.

Buck a pound is more than finished shot costs these days. 60 cents is still a lot . New lead is 55 and salvage would be less.

HM

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.